Project Controls Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $77,000 to $116,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Project Controls Specialist supports the Project Manager in controlling the projects, predicting and promptly suggesting corrective, improving actions in line with corporate procedures and working instructions. Supports company’s financial accounting by preparing reports and controlling activities ensuring they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practices.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs programing and managing project data, thereby providing progress and cost management during project execution.
- Prepares and maintains the project cash flow in accordance with all project execution requirements
- Provides computer input and performs analytical review of reports generated
- Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting
- Routinely provides accurate cost documenting and leads the cost distribution process for capital projects
- Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule
- Assesses the impact of design or construction changes and schedule slippages
- Insures accuracy and completeness of master data including resource information; project activity, and coding; enterprise project structure
- Prepares graphs, diagrams, and other exhibits to illustrate cost status and forecast requirements for project management and client
- Performs analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation
- Provides education on the tools, processes and best practices appropriate for the target individual or team.
- Explain how to use tools and processes to accomplish core project management activities
- Provide expertise and act as a resource to the team on “how to” apply the tools, processes and practices to the given project
- Support teams locally as well as in certain other regions, including team members located internationally.
- Supports, when and as needed, the Planning/Scheduling portion of Integrated Project Control System
- Activities include established security and support for users with Primavera and/or Microsoft Project
- Develop, implements and maintains cost control, and/or provides centralized planning and scheduling
- Participates in the development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments
- Prepares and processes input to the cost control system for all cost reports
- Develop an effective project plan template that can be utilized for schedule development, schedule control, and critical path analysis.
- Advocate for Project Management improvement
- Influence project managers and team members to effectively use tools and processes
- Advocate good project management practices within work areas
- Participate in efforts to improve project or portfolio management, by proposing process or tool improvements, developing parts of processes, supporting process implementation
- Support use of and trains project managers and teams in project management tools and processes
- Assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to schedule/cost engineering and material control, and develops supporting data for contract negotiations
- Interfaces with designated management and client counterparts for specific planning and schedule tasks/cost presentations.
- Works independently and within a team on nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Other duties as assigned
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree with specialized course work in business and five (5) years of increasingly responsible high-level, related experience or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Knowledge – Familiarity and ability to use CRM and/or ERP software/SAP (especially SAP PS module). Must be proficient in a standard scheduling tool such as or similar to, Primavera (P6)/Primavera Online (P8) or Microsoft Project. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook Calendar, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be proficient in coordinating and management of basic office systems. Knowledge and skill in working with modern office terminology, procedures, equipment, and records management.
Knowledge of research methods and techniques, general math, and English composition.
Skills - Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Continual attention to detail in composing communications, data entry of project information, proofing of data, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines. Operating modern office equipment and effective oral and written communication are critical skills for this role.
Abilities - Must be able to: interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in written form; work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, completing tasks and demands; work independently and as an integral part of a small management team; plan, schedule, coordinate and review the work of self and others in a manner conducive to proficient performance and high morale; understand and follow complex oral and written directions, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, executives, and the general public; exhibit diplomacy and the highest ethical standards in all matters; compose and prepare complex correspondence, and reports; express oneself clearly and concisely; discretely handle confidential information; manage multiple projects at a time and adjust to shifts in priorities; make independent decisions and work with minimal supervision; able to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
TAKRAF USA INC.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?