Join the TAIT Team! We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate's entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here's your chance to start your career with a Top Workplace in Orange County :) don't wait to apply
The Civil Engineer Project Manager leads a team of planners, designers and staff to transform the dreams of our clients into brick and mortar. The position is really a composite of many jobs- client liaison, civil designer and team leader. We pride ourselves on giving project managers both the flexibility and the support required to run and own TAIT projects.
· B.S. in Civil Engineering.
· Current CA P.E. license required. 5-7 years minimum experience in a responsible position with exposure to technical applications, management of projects and staff interaction.
· Strong design skills using AutoCAD and Civil 3D for land development design including the areas of grading, drainage, streets, sewers, storm drains and utilities.
· Ability to apply proven principles of civil engineering within the context of an aggressive service-oriented business environment.
· Superior leadership and interpersonal abilities.
· Expertise in the preparation of grading plans, utility plans, site plans and the preparation of preliminary cost estimates.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
· Will assist the Director with marketing and client development for the Division.
· Identify design criteria and oversee an efficient design and plan preparation.
· Solve design problems using engineering calculations and following general design standards.
· Establish project controls and ensure accuracy and quality in plans.
· Ensure technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications and follow-up.
· Spearhead plan processing at public agencies.
· Interface daily with our clients, develop proposals, negotiate scopes and fees, ensure timely billing and collections and change orders.
· Manage project staff to include design engineers and CAD operators, with the ability to mentor junior design staff in basic engineering procedures and techniques