TAI On-Site Services has several immediate openings for Utilities Operators at a client site in Frederick, MD. The Utility Operator will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant and clean utilities in support of a Multi-Product Large Scale Biologics Manufacturing Facility, which operates 24/7. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience maintaining utilities systems, preferably from with the Biotech/pharma/life science industries.
- Possess appropriate knowledge (Level II) of HVAC, refrigeration, boiler, chiller, cooling tower, pumps and drives, RODI, WFI, clean steam, and chemical or water pretreatment equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assess and repair problems to critical utility systems in order to prevent impact to Biologics manufacturing operations.
- Performing work in the mechanical, pipefitting, plumbing or electrical trades.
- Act "on your feet" for the majority of the day; answering trouble calls, investigating alarms, performing daily rounds/log sheets and inspecting operating equipment.
- Read, understand, and work from Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), OEM Manuals, P&IDs, and electrical and piping schematics.
- Complete any required (GxP) documentation in a timely manner, including logbooks, log sheets, and work orders.
- Use basic hand tools
- Read and record values from equipment instrumentation
- Read electronic schematics.
- Read, write and utilize drawings, mathematics, and handbook formulas.
- Read mechanical schematics and piping diagrams P&IDs
- Perform work in a clean room environment
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or certification from trade school is a plus.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience performing maintenance/operation within a related industry, such as power, chemical, food/beverage, pharmaceutical, and or life sciences.
- Capable of performing work in the mechanical, pipefitting, or plumbing trades
- Knowledge of servicing and installing mechanical process equipment within manufacturing or industrial site
- Preferred knowledge of utility and facility equipment such as boiler, chiller, cooling tower, pumps & drives, RODI, WFI, and clean steam systems.
- Candidate must possess basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate both orally and written in a clear manner.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move about client’s facilities and offices to access equipment and complete tasks.
- Consistently ascend and descend portable and fixed ladders, scaffolding and other equipment used to reach equipment at various levels of height some of which maybe in excess of 25 feet in a safe manner.
- Must be able to ascend and descend a large quantity of stairways at any given time.
- Frequently move tools and equipment weighing up to 50lbs across client facilities as needed to complete tasks.
- Occasionally lift and move equipment in excess of 100lbs in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions as needed.
- Night Shift: 5:45 PM- 5:45 AM
- 2-2-3; 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, etc.
TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.
TAI EngineeringTAI provides a complete range of Engineering, Management, and Technical Services to Industry and Manufacturing. Our motto “Partnering with Industry for Success” has been a defining principle in determining the structure of our company and remains ever present in our company’s operational considerations. TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.