TAI is actively seeking an experience Project Engineering Manager to support our client in Belcamp, MD. This Manager will be responsible for providing senior-level support and technical evaluation to the Organization and team members on large capital and complex project management, process design, and vendor relations with-in assigned areas of responsibility. They will plan and formulate technical projects and organizes those involved according to project requirements. They will estimate new business opportunities, including tooling, equipment, and cost to manufacture product
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems. Communicating and adjusting as needed.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Independently travels internationally and domestically.
- Provides leadership and development for all Engineering functions
- May visit each company manufacturing location to audit installed equipment, with recommended safety, PM system, and process improvements.
- Communicates and works well with all departments to make recommendations on continuous improvement and optimizing equipment and process systems.
- Oversees and coordinates engineering analysis and design, and planning with-in areas of assigned responsibility
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the manufacturing processes that the company uses to produce product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- 10+ years of experience in large capital and complex project management, product design, process design, and vendor relations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple facilities
- Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products MS Project – type experience 3-D modeling Software
- Must be able to pass a vision test (Correctable to 20/50, must not be color blind)
- Ability to travel 10%-25%
TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.