TAI Engineering Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TAI is actively seeking an experienced Process Designer to join our Process Engineering Division in Dallas, TX. TAI’s Process Engineering Group has proven capabilities in all phases of process analysis, development and design. We support our client’s process/mechanical needs with a wide range of design services on various process and mechanical systems.
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for 2D and 3D design of various process/mechanical systems, including equipment and piping systems for industrial process, power, oil & gas, manufacturing, and food & beverage facilities. This position receives general administrative direction from the division manager and technical oversight from the design engineers and project managers on a daily basis. Projects range in complexity and details.
- Preparation of mechanical/process construction drawings, including general arrangements, P&IDs, flow diagrams, piping orthographics and isometrics, equipment, and bill of materials.
- Modeling of process skids, including skid-mounted piping and instruments.
- Conducting detailed field surveys of buildings, structures, equipment, piping and supports and documenting the existing conditions in CAD.
- Surveying of existing process systems and updating existing drawings to as found status.
- Working closely with engineers and project managers and other designers.
- Coordination of all design work within the process design and with other engineering discipline designs.
- Effectively managing multiple ongoing projects and tasks.
- Incorporating appropriate level of details for project scope, budget and schedule.
- Complying with company and client design and CAD standards.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience creating process/mechanical construction documents in one or more of the industries that TAI services.
- Requires some oversight to design equipment layouts, pipe routing and piping support locations that are consistent with good design practices.
- Efficiently prepare 3D models of process/mechanical designs
- General knowledge of equipment and piping specifications
- Requires some oversight to prepare piping orthographic and isometric drawings, piping support details, equipment drawings, and bill of materials
- Familiarity with stainless steel and sanitary applications (preferred)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, good customer relation skills, a positive work attitude, and willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated and occasionally produces high quality results within time and budget constraints without guidance
- Ability to expand proficiency to AutoCAD Plant 3D platform including automated production features.
- Candidates must have experience with the following software:
- Microsoft Office applications,
- AutoCAD 2013+
TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.
ManufacturingView all jobs at TAI Engineering