TAI is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for our client in Cockeysville, MD. The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and installing mechanical/process/packaging equipment and will also be required to perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Maintain and follow safety, health and environmental requirements and maintain a safe work area.
- Observe machinery in operation to identify/troubleshoot/repair mechanical issues.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to remove, repair, replace defective parts or assemblies.
- Document Job Completion.
- Perform bench repair/rebuilds.
- Utilize basic Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to review/document work orders.
- Perform rigging to set large equipment such as conveyors, crushers, etc.
Education Requirements/ Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Preferred work experience in heavy industrial process industries such as: minerals, steel, and/or chemical.
- Familiarity with large horsepower equipment/motors, gearboxes, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, mobile equipment, and rigging equipment.
- Knowledge of powder handling equipment is a decided plus (belt & pneumatic conveyors, screws, hoppers, dust collectors, storage silos & feeders).
- Knowledge of powder packaging equipment a decided plus.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends at client discretion.
- Industrial electrical experience preferred, not required. High-Voltage and/or PLC knowledge a plus.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to follow procedures and work instructions and able to resolve issues where no specific instructions exist.
- Mine Safety and Health Assoc (MSHA) knowledge a plus. Certification a strong plus.