TAI SCI is actively seeking an experienced Journeyman Electrician in Linthicum, MD. TAI’s Electrical Services Division provides the quality support to assure the reliability of Industrial Electrical Systems. Our electricians and technicians provide the experience and knowhow to support your facility in a safe and cost-effective manner, 24/7/365. TAI’s capabilities include Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Repair, Testing, Turnkey, Design-Build, Electrical Surveying, and Data Collection. The Industrial Electrician must be proficient in troubleshooting AC/DC control circuits and instrumentation with ability to read and interpret electrical control schematics. Candidates must have prior Industrial/Manufacturing experience, specifically installing/running rigid conduit.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems including installing (rigid) conduit and wirings, motors, instrumentation, recording devices, starters and temporary wiring setups.
- Diagnose and correct electrical malfunctions so as to maintain equipment in a state of operating effectiveness.
- Maintain and repair plant instrumentation.
- Develop wiring diagrams as necessary.
- Use precision instrumentation such as voltmeter, ammeter, megger, wattmeter, etc.
- Install, maintain and repair a wide variety of cranes, elevators, power doors, hoists and related equipment. Perform all aspects of maintaining overhead crane systems.
- Complete records and inventory of supplies necessary for performance of jobs.
- Perform preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance on electrical devices and other equipment.
- Maintain personal work tools.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain or improve plant reliability.
- Conduct daily safety risk assessments on routine and non-routine job tasks.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of journeymen papers for electrician or 8 years industrial electrician experience.
- Complete knowledge of all current and voltage characteristics such as single phase, 3 phase, 110v, 220v, 440, 12.5KV and d.c. voltage.
- Working knowledge of solid state circuitry and programmable controllers.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, NFPA 70E and other applicable safety and industry codes.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform frequent kneeling, standing, climbing of metal steps, climbing ladders, and walking on metal grating
- Proven ability to work in a safe manner, adhere to safe practices
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites, as needed.
TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.