Electronic Bench Calibration Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
TAI's Precision Lab provides expert calibration and equipment certification to a wide variety of industries. Our comprehensive test services can be tailored to meet individual customer requirements and compliance regulations. Both Fortune 500 clients and hundreds of valued small clients, have relied on TAI for their calibration needs due to our accuracy and quick turnaround time.
The Electronic Bench Calibration Technician will calibrate and maintain equipment within TAI’s Precision Lab.
- Calibrate, inspect, and maintain various Resistance, Capacitance, Inductance and DC/Low Frequency test equipment by manufacturers such as Fluke, Tektronix, Agilent, and Guideline
- Develop and evaluate calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as length, mass, time, temperature, electric current and derived units of physical and/or dimensional measure
- Identify magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms
- Redesign or adjust measurement capability to minimize errors
- Calibrate inspection, measurement and test equipment (IM&TE) in the following disciplines – Pressure, DC/Low Frequency, RF/Microwave, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency, in order to ensure compliance with published specifications
- Maintain primary and/or intrinsic calibration standards
- Maintain secondary and/or working calibration standards
- Develop calibration procedures and methods, according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings, and other technical requirements
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration including uncertainty calculations.
- Analyze measurement data for identifying abnormalities, trends and/or predicting future values
- Prepare calibration reports and certificates
- Adapt existing calibration equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurements tasks for which they are not principally used
- Apply engineering knowledge to the design and development of calibration methods, fixtures, and IM&TE not commercially available
- Conduct technical audits of the calibration laboratory to verify traceability of standards and compliance with published standards and guidelines
- Develop, implement, and maintain the calibration laboratory's quality systems per published standards and guidelines
- Must be able to interface with client base in a positive effective manner via remote or onsite communication daily.
- Calibration Tasks to include Bench Electronic / Pressure Calibration and field calibration work in client lab/process areas.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associates Degree in Electronics Systems Technology or relative area of study is strongly preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience calibrating and maintaining test equipment (IM&TE) in the following disciplines – Physical Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, RF/Microwave, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency
- Experience with preparing calibration reports, certificates and uncertainty calculations/budgets.
- Knowledge of conducting technical audits within calibration laboratory.
- Experience with Fluke Calibration Standards and Fluke MET TEAM/CAL Software is a plus, but not required.
- Provide exceptional customer-service orientation.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move about client’s facilities and offices to access equipment and complete tasks.
- Consistently operate instrumentation standards, computers, calculator, copy machine, printer and other devices to efficiently complete tasks.
- Must be able to ascend and descend a large quantity of stairways at any given time.
- Frequently move tools and equipment weighing up to 50lbs across client facilities as needed to complete tasks.
- Ability to travel to multiple client sites.
TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.
TAI EngineeringWhy Work Here?
Stable organization with medical benefits, PTO and upward mobility!
TAI provides a complete range of Engineering, Management, and Technical Services to Industry and Manufacturing. Our motto “Partnering with Industry for Success” has been a defining principle in determining the structure of our company and remains ever present in our company’s operational considerations. TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.