TAI’s Specialty Construction (SCI) group has an immediate need for an Electrician Apprentice. Must be proficient in running conduit, pulling wire, making terminations and have the ability to read and interpret electrical prints. Working knowledge of the (NEC) National Electrical Codes is a major plus. A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as an electrician apprentice is required.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems including installing conduit and wiring and temporary wiring setups.
- Experience working in a plant/industrial settings, performing a variety of construction services.
- Candidate should be able to read/interpret electrical prints and drawings.
- Diagnose and correct electrical malfunctions so as to maintain equipment in a state of operating effectiveness.
- Develop wiring diagrams as necessary.
- Use precision instrumentation such as voltmeter, ammeter, megger, wattmeter, etc.
- Complete records and inventory of supplies necessary for performance of jobs.
- Maintain personal work tools.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain or improve plant reliability.
- Conduct daily safety risk assessments on routine and nonroutine job tasks.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as Electrician apprentice
- Complete knowledge of all current and voltage characteristics such as single phase, 3 phase, 110v, 220v, 440, 12.5KV and d.c. voltage.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, NFPA 70E and other applicable safety and industry codes.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform frequent climbing of metal steps and walking on metal grating
- Proven ability to work in a safe manner, adhere to safe practices
- Some out of town travel may be required from time to time.
TAI has the know-how to serve a broad range of industries. Fundamental Engineering, Management, and Technical Service means and methods are adapted to the specific demands of each unique market sector. Where applicable, Best Practices are cross pollinated to new market sectors allowing TAI to bring unique solutions to our clients’ challenges.