- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Specialist will play a key role within both Supply Chain of our Derprosa Business Line and Operations. He or she will use their technical knowledge of business operations, planning, and continuous improvement efforts to help aid in the supervision of converting, production planning and scheduling. With a key focus on lean manufacturing concepts and software to ensure customer orders are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
The job would be 100% dedicated to Derprosa (an affiliate Company of Taghleef).
- Works to establish collaborative relationships with Sales, Logistics, Procurement, Manufacturing, and other departments as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to make necessary decisions to influence the slitting of orders (flow, patterns, size, etc.).
- Establishes and maintains operational goals (achieving adequate lead times, inventory levels and production efficiencies).
- Generate and review daily reports on production activity, order backlog, inventory status, etc.
- Monitors deviations from the production plan and initiates corrective action in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of production shortages or delays.
- Identify issues that may impact customer satisfaction and engage the appropriate departments to quickly resolve the issues.
- Partners with Manufacturing to ensure the highest level of quality and safety standards are met, while achieving operational efficiencies.
- Seeks understanding of Manufacturing constraints and capacities and works to drive improvements.
- Helps identify and prioritize system improvements within SAP (MRP).
- Work on developing stronger partnership as the main point of contact with Carries and external warehouses, seeking alternative solutions to drive cost effective business decisions.
- Manage and maintains accurate inventories in all our warehouses, organizing the inter-warehouse transfers (inventory reconciliations/audits).
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma is required, Associates Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years’ direct experience in manufacturing (film, paper or graphic arts industry is preferred).
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple communication channels
- Must possess excellent communication skills and can speak with all levels within the organization
- Fluency in Spanish is an advantage in this position!
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel / Access is a plus
- Experience and proficiency in SAP are a plus
- Strong analytical, systems and numeracy skills with capability to master complexity
- Demonstrated bias for continuous improvement, problem solving, change management
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor or as a team environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making ability
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively influence across levels and functions
- Strong customer focus (internal & external)
- Detail-oriented with understanding of big picture
- Availability to travel up to (5-10%) maybe required
Taghleef is a Drug Free Workplace - Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Taghleef Industries, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at TAGHLEEF INDUSTRIES
Get fresh Supply Chain Operations Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!