TITLE: Community Client Support Specialist/Administrator
DIVISION: TACS Management (Property Management and Leasing)
POSITIONS: Part-time (25 to 30 hours minimum based on current Needs) to Full-time Employment (30 to 40 hours). This job posting is not for an evening work schedule or shift. After the probationary period, we will evaluate for Full-time status or additional hours.
SALARY: As stated $12 to $15 per hour (non-negotiable) plus opportunities for growth.
BENEFITS SUMMARY: Employees that work less than 30 hours are not normally eligible for benefits in the state of Maryland, etc... An employee that is working 30 hours or more may enroll in our insurance plan(s) which are medical, vision, and dental. Any employee may enroll once they are working 30 hours or more. However only after one (1) year with our firm will we pay 25% of the insurance, then after 2 years, we pay 50% and then year 3 or more we pay up to %75 of it. An employee would begin to accrue paid holidays and sick leave, etc... if the employee is full time (30 hours or more) and has worked with the firm for a minimum of one (1) year. Other benefits may apply.
· Respond to all telephone and written inquiries.
· Type all correspondence related to accounting matters or as directed
· Assist the Community Manager or Executive Team as directed.
· Assist the Community Manager in the preparation of monthly Management/Financial Reports for assigned properties.
· Attend evening meetings occasionally if instructed (4 to 6 a year on average).
· Assist the Board and the Community Manager in preparation, conduct, and follow-up with homeowner accounts inquiries.
· Assist the Manager in tracking insurance claims.
· Assist other departments from time to time in the form of answering questions about the property, providing data as required, and in assuring a high standard of client service.
· Maintains relationships with all other departments within the company, including accounting, support services, management, maintenance, engineering, consulting, collections, and brokerage.
· Maintains relationships with clients (e.g., owner, the board of directors, residents) as appropriate, and with the community and the profession.
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and professionals serving the company or property.
· Perform all unit and administrative filing in a timely fashion.
· Set up files for new properties. Perform periodic purging of files and data entry.
· Maintain logs, books, and other data as required.
· Attend scheduled Team, On-Site Managers, Property Management Departmental training, educational and other meetings as required.
· Coordinate coverage of all absences with assigned team members.
· Code invoices for manager approval.
· Perform all tasks related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliation. (General Bookkeeping functions).
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your immediate supervisor or Senior Executive.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
· College degree preferred Associates Degree or current enrollment in a college program.
· Two (2) or more years of property/community management, accounting or related experience preferred but not necessary.
· Proficient in basic office skills; Microsoft Office experience (Word & Excel) is a MUST.
· Experience in QuickBooks, ACCESS, TOPS, or other property management accounting software is preferred.
· Strong attention to detail and good writing skills are a MUST.
DETAILS OF BASIC ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT FUNCTION
Accounting Department Functions:
Our goal is to focus on homeowner and Board needs by assisting them as quickly and efficiently as possible. By identifying what questions are general questions and what questions are department-specific, we can assist our homeowners with confidence and eliminate unnecessary phone calls or email forwarding. This will eventually free up voicemail and email mailboxes as well as improve our homeowner's satisfaction.
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK
Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for each association to be delivered by email in a PDF format one-week before the board meeting based on information received regarding meeting dates. Copies of bank statements for all bank accounts for each association are to be scanned monthly and ready for viewing via online access.
Reports include BUT not limited to:
a) Balance Sheet, Income Statement with Budget, Copies of monthly bank statements, and
Copies of bank reconciliations on operating and money market accounts plus the following:
a) Payments from members that were sent to the lockbox for processing should be processed daily and scanned into the bank account for the association.
b) Send out annual coupons, by the 15th of the month before the beginning of the new fiscal year after approval is obtained from the manager. Gather assessment rates 30 days in advance for payment coupon mailings.
c) Provide monthly Accounts Receivable and Payable reports.
d) Answer homeowner questions related to billing, change billing addresses.
e) Update the Associations in the TOPS cloud or QuickBooks databases.
f) Process late fee charges and notices.
g) Process monthly invoices.
Process invoices twice-monthly not including check printing. Use the Accounting System for check processing and the approval process when applicable.
Provide monthly check register with financial statements.
Process Company invoices as directed.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company objectives and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties, nor as a contract between employer and contracted employee or employee.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Why Work Here?T&A Covenant Solutions (TACS). Our primary mission is to provide a high level of customer service for our clients while building a strong sense of trust, community awareness, security, and unity. We assist our clients with preserving, maintaining, and enhancing their community by providing professional and courteous solutions specific to the needs of each association and/or client. Whether you are a property manager, board member, an architectural/covenants committee member, developer, realtor, or just a member of a homeowner or condominium association, we have the right solution for you.
Growing Firm with lots of room for growth and future leadership.