If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Administrative Assistant manages administrative work related to the assigned scope of the department assigned. This position requires the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting. The Sr Administrative Assistant is highly proactive, adept at time management, anticipates and negotiates priorities effectively and calmly in the midst of stringent deadlines. This individual acts as the "right hand" resource to manager(s) for coordination of their calendars, events and hectic schedules. They assist in gathering, researching and creating or editing materials for meetings. They submit expense reports in a timely manner and coordinate both domestic and global travel. They act on behalf of the manager for ad hoc needs with relevant internal and external leads, stakeholders, suppliers and administrative peers across the firm.
Gatekeeping, Calendar, Meeting Logistics Management: Provide leverage to manager(s) for day-to-day activities, including:
- Outlook calendar/schedule maintenance; scheduling internal and external meetings (coordinates meeting logistics: presentation materials, AV and technical support, conference rooms, tracking attendees, catering, etc.) as needed; manage mail and package delivery.
- Creates, formats, edits materials and correspondence from draft to client-ready stage; draft responses to general inquiries (e.g., reply on behalf of the manager(s), materials requests, etc.).
- Receives visitors; assists, directs, schedules phone calls.
- Coordinates and schedules interviews as required within the team
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of information flow; brings to the manager(s) attention only those priority matters in which he/she needs to be informed and require immediate attention.
Travel & Expense Processing: Provides coordination, management and troubleshooting for:
- Complex global and domestic travel arrangements; may involve organizing multi-city travel schedules/itineraries, and processing required travel documents (Visas, passports).
- Expense report processing; ensure compliance with company policy and reporting regulations and follow-up to ensure accurate processing and timely reimbursement.
Presentation Materials: Coordinates production of materials for internal and external meetings and presentations. Information may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and/or confidential in nature and requires an in-depth knowledge of BU-specific policies, processes, and procedures.
- Involves initial editing, drafting and proofing; may be called upon as a subject matter expert to assist others with technical questions and training needs.
- Often requires advanced PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Graphics skills.
- Applies TRP brand guidelines, corporate and BU policy and preferences to presentation decks, kits and related meeting materials.
Cyclical & Ad hoc Reporting:
- Inputs necessary meeting/client/prospect information in BU-specific systems (e.g., RMS, Salesforce, TouchPoint); runs queries to extract the relevant data needed for BU management reporting related to client/prospect visits, group and individual metrics, etc.
- Compiles, creates and maintains reports, databases and charts using systems and software that requires advanced technical skills and understanding of data and business purpose.
- May assist with reports related to budget tracking and accounts payable submissions.
Project Support: Independently assists in or leads special and ad-hoc projects related to division and/or corporate activities. Some projects may require the individual to take the lead role in managing a process or they may be the only resource responsible for the execution of the project (e.g., team "face books" and internal team tools, orientation materials, etc.).
- Work at times may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and confidential in nature and based on in-depth knowledge of business specific policies, processes and procedures.
- Leads or participates in process and workflow reengineering as systems are upgraded and/or functions are automated.
Continuity, Network & Relationship Building: Works collaboratively with supervisor and team leads to ensure that comprehensive, seamless back-up support is provided to the professionals.
- May be asked to act in a mentoring capacity to others, specifically to new associates.
- Fosters successful relationships through direct interaction with peers, professionals and others.
- Partners with management to build a collaborative working environment while promoting leadership, exercising good judgment and professionalism across BUs and stakeholder groups.
- High school diploma/equivalent and 2 years related work experience, or Associate degree and 1 year related work experience, or College degree
- Executive or senior level administrative and project management experience in a business environment
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, listening, and written; ability to work effectively and communicate with a global/virtual team.
- Strong detail-orientation and organization skills and the ability to produce high-end quality work often under pressure with minimal notification and quick turnaround timeframes.
- Solid correspondence drafting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Self-directed and able to perform assignments independently; demonstrates pro-active approach and is flexible with change.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- The position requires a positive, tactful demeanor and a professional presence
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage upward to members of senior management while fostering successful relationships through direct interaction with peers and others.
- Ability to partner with management to build a collaborative working environment, and exercising good judgment and professionalism
- Undergraduate or Associate of Arts degree; some college coursework
- 6 or more years of experience in a fast-paced, corporate office environment