Title: Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Company: Host Terminals
Location: Avondale - New Orleans, LA
Host acquired Avondale Shipyard in 2018 from Huntington Ingalls Industries. Avondale is a historic property, located along the Mississippi River in New Orleans, LA, with a footprint of 254 acres and significant warehousing and storage capabilities. With five docks and over one mile of waterfront, the Avondale Shipyard will become integral to Host's continued efforts to provide REAL solutions to customers and shift the transportation paradigm. Host plans future connectivity for the shipyard to six Class 1 Railroads via the New Orleans Public Belt, through a binding Cooperaive Endeavor Agreement entered into with the Port of New Orleans.
Position Summary: This position is the first face of Avondale Marine for visitors to the facility. The position attends to the reception of all guests and deals with inquiries on the telephone. Position will also perform general administrative support duties to the leadership team.
The Person: The successful candidate will have the following behaviors and demonstrate the competencies below.
Core Principles: All team members must demonstrate an ability to adhere and understand the core principles of the company. This team member must be able to provide value and depth to the Core Principles of Host.
- Our people are our greatest assets.
- Their safety is our top priority.
- We provide exceptional service.
- We believe every relationship is important.
- We are detectives, understanding all activities within our markets.
- We know today's opportunities are tomorrow's growth.
- We conduct all business with integrity.
- We build on our legacy.
Position Specific Behaviors
- Team player
- Makes decisions and executes quickly
- Honesty and integrity
- Adaptable and flexible
- Collaborative- works well with others
- Excels in high growth, entrepreneurial and meritocratic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Thrives in a pressurized work environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful at Host
- Self- starter
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Executing both short-term plans and long-term plans tied to vision and "big picture" goals
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guest and External Contact
- Greet walk in visitors and vendors in a professional and courteous manner and notify appropriate staff member upon arrival
- Monitor visitor access, create and manage badge distribution/collection, and maintain security awareness
- Manage viewing of safety video, as needed, for visitors working in the yard
- Answer telephone calls using proper and professional telephone etiquette
- Screen and direct calls to appropriate staff and take accurate messages when staffers are unavailable
- Open mail, respond to correspondence within your authority and direct remaining correspondence to appropriate staff and departments
- Receive general incoming packages and distribute to appropriate departments
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages
- Ensure deliveries are picked up by outside couriers (FEDEX, DHL, UPS)
- Administrative Duties
- Assist with any correspondence, presentations or spreadsheets as directed; proofread documents before preparing finals version or drafts
- Project management assistance
- Make travel arrangements for leadership using Concur
- Review media on a daily basis and post newsworthy items onto SharePoint site
- Manage company information in electronic databases, update accordingly and distribute to appropriate departments/staff members
- Manages conference room scheduling and support catering/preparations for meetings as needed
- Tidy and maintain the reception area
- Order, maintain and distribute office supplies, stationery, business cards, etc. and reconciling invoices
- Assist with various projects and assignments as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate Degree in business or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must project professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Exposure to business concepts, practices and principles
- Must be able work in fast paced environment
- Must be detail oriented and accurate
- Must be able to multi-task
- Sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, crouching and kneeling
- Talking, hearing and seeing
- Reaching, handling, using equipment, keyboards and mobile devices
- Lifting boxes (files and supplies) up to 20 lbs
For more information, please visit www.tparkerhost.com or Apply Online Here