We are seeking a full-time powerhouse designer – poised, imaginative, seasoned, bold, nimble and steadfast. You will be responsible for delivering on all aspects of a commercial project from concept through completion: programming documents, space plans, sketches, renderings, material finish palettes and boards, furniture/millwork design and specifications, floor plans, elevations.
Because we oversee execution of our design work, your left brain should be just as strong as your right. There is a high degree of efficient project management required to deliver with excellence. That means budgets, schedules, tracking orders, maintaining time tracking and project management tools.
You are professional and polished, confidently presenting creative work to clients and industry colleagues, leading meetings and managing job sites. You strive to run a powerful design team and will want to grow your leadership abilities.
Keeping us informed with the latest materials and industry movements, you will take meetings with vendors, reps, attend conferences, maintain a materials library and present to the team regularly.
• You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a design related discipline.
• You have at least 3 years of experience in commercial design and/or construction.
• You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Sketch Up and Microsoft Office.
• You can multitask skillfully and manage your time well.
• You are efficient, consciously delivering maximum value to our nonprofit clients.
• You have a high internal drive for results and a strong work ethic.
• You want to use your design to make the world better.
We are a small, mission-driven firm committed to helping non-profits manage their design + construction projects. We advocate for their organization and protect their resources by managing the complexity of designing, building, furnishing and occupying a new building.
Recent project work includes charter high schools, churches, offices, wounded warrior homes and retail stores.