We are currently seeking candidates for a Financial Analyst position. This position will be located at our customer's Newport, Rhode Island location. The Financial Analyst will have a primary role in team oversight functions including work distribution and training for junior financial analysts and other team members.
The Financial Analyst will support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport (NUWCDIVNPT) in Middletown/Newport, RI. The candidate MUST have:
- Significant experience utilizing the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) system for financial transactions in a U.S. Navy/DoD setting.
- Completed the Program Budget Financial Manager (PBFM) training, been assigned the PBFM role in N-ERP, and utilized the PBFM role in a recent position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate's responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare Funding Document acceptance documentation for customer advocate, program manager, and comptroller department.
- Prepare outgoing Funding Documents for Government review and approval.
- Analyze financial data to identify projects and organizational discrepancies and anomalies in task execution, including labor charges, non-labor cost reporting, erroneous charges, overruns, and Service Cost Center rejected inputs.
- Prepare weekly Expenditure Reports comparing funding appropriation level obligations and expenditures against sponsor goals and established Department of the Navy benchmarks.
- Perform fiscal year closeout and startup analyses, including Continuing Resolution scenario-based impacts on project plans.
- Populate Funding Document modification documentation based on Government input.
- Provide financial management support associated with the operation of Service Cost Centers, including monthly Year End Projections and identification of financial issues.
- Research and identify root cause and corrective actions associated with rejected or suspense financial transaction records.
- Research Funding Document transactional inquiries.
- Review draft Purchase Requisition-related documentation.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess a current SECRET security clearance.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Must have at least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably accrued after obtaining degree and preferably in a U.S. Navy/DoD environment.
- Must have significant experience with the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) system, and making financial transactions therein.
- Experience with other ERP systems, such as SAP ERP, is not considered equivalent to N-ERP experience.
- Non-financial experience with N-ERP, such as for logistics transactions, is not considered equivalent to financial transactions.
- Must have already completed the N-ERP Program Budget Financial Manager (PBFM) training course, have been assigned the PBFM role, and ideally utilized the PBFM role in a recent position.
- Must have experience with financial management.
- Must have experience overseeing a team of subordinates, including work distribution and providing training to new team members.
- Must be proficient with common productivity software, including Microsoft Office. Must have expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- An ideal candidate will have experience with U.S. Navy budgeting and reporting methods.
- An ideal candidate will have experience with NAVSEA Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) system.