Lead Data Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
T-Rex is seeking a Lead Data Architect to build and implement a data fabric solution for the US Air Force client to support the modernization of data integration, data management, and data component connectivity. The project will also include various enterprise software platforms on cloud and on-prem.
- Serve as both a leader and subject matter expert to provide architectural guidance and expertise to the entire project
- Be in a highly visible position to work with client team closely to understand the business needs and identify the key solution areas
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Develop roadmaps and provide technical strategy directions for the development and delivery of a new enterprise data framework
- Transform business requirements into data driven solutions including architectural design, component standardization, technical process flow, and cost-effective implementation approaches.
- Participate as needed in all aspects of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, design, integration, and presentation.
- Apply principles, design methods and data architecture knowledge to specific task order requirements in the context of a complex, large-scale enterprise data framework
- Coordinate with senior management on project activities including business analysis, client collaboration, product provisions, and project staffing
- Provide high-level support for system design, development, integration, and coordination
- Possess in-depth knowledge of enterprise data architecture in a wide-range of technical platform environments
- 8+ years' experience in developing strategies impacting the planning and delivery of IT services offered to internal clients, including Metadata and/or Master Data Management problems
- Significant experience in leading teams of data engineers, data scientists, and/or analysts to initiate and complete data projects in a highly visible setting
- Strong working knowledge on data fabric architectures, data analytics, big data platforms, and data visualization
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, design methodologies, technology architecture, and best practices in IT industry
- Strong data management and integration skills to provide cost-effective solutions to business outcomes
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies, with strong background working in an Agile development environment, collaborating with development and architecture teams
- Strong working knowledge of major cloud service providers such as AWS and their technical service stacks
- Experienced in automating operations and workflow procedures for data transformations
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience in adopting AI/ML technologies and applying them to enterprise data sets
- Experience in service-oriented architecture, web services, and API development
- Prior knowledge and professional experience working within DODAF frameworks
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- SAFe Agile certification
Established in 1999, T-Rex Solutions, LLC is a proven mid-tier business providing data-centric mission services to the Federal government as it increasingly tries to secure and leverage the power of data. We design, integrate, secure, and deploy advanced technical solutions for our customers so they can efficiently fulfill their critical objectives. T-Rex offers both IT and professional services to numerous Federal agencies and is a leader in providing high quality and innovative solutions in the areas of Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Cyber Security, and Big Data Engineering.
T-Rex is constantly seeking qualified people to join our growing team. We have built a broad client base through our devotion to delivering quality products and customer service, and to do that we need quality individuals. But more than that, we at T-Rex are committed to creating a culture that supports the development of every employee's personal and professional lives. T-Rex has made a commitment to maintain the status of an industry leader in compensation packages and benefits which includes competitive salaries, performance bonuses, training and educational reimbursement, Transamerica 401(k) and Cigna healthcare benefits.
T-Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, and in accordance with applicable regulations, T-Rex requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If selected, you will be required to submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with T-Rex or have an approved exemption prior to the start of your employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over T-Rex's vaccination policy.
AddressNewport News, VA