Azure Solutions Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Department of Commerce OCIO's Office provides complete IT solutions to customers by leveraging industry-leading infrastructure and advanced technology service solutions to maintain and improve their experience. The DOC CIO provides services delivery, which entail collaboration with the customer to improve the quality of our products and services utilizing network and web-resources to deliver a consistent, reliable, and dependable platform to assist in fulfilling the customer's business needs.
The program will support the DOC CIO across the following areas:
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) Support
- Digital Document and Records Management
- Managed Service Outsourcing and Consulting
- IT Operations and Maintenance
- Information Technology Services Management
- Cyber Security
T-Rex is looking to select an Azure Solutions Engineer to support the DOC CIO deliver its mission.
- Administer the availability, security and maintenance of the Microsoft Azure environments
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Network teams to troubleshoot Azure IAAS/PAAS/SAAS issues
- Assist in planning, assessing, and migrating workloads to Microsoft Azure
- Respond to requests for technical support for Agency users
- Assist users to customize the Azure platform services by managing resources, configuration rules, policies, access control and other Azure features
- Participate in planning and execution of Continuity of Operations and Disaster Recovery plans
- Backup, archive, fail-over and restore applications and their respective data
- Participate in estimating project work and report out on risks, status and issues
- Secret or Top Secret Clearance and active Department of Commerce clearance
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, designing platforms to support developers
- Strong experience in Microsoft and Azure Security
- Must be well versed in general infrastructure technology and understand public and private cloud concepts such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with the Infrastructure automation (IaC - Infrastructure as Code)
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure, Microsoft O365 Suite, Intune, Windows/VMWare Servers, Application Support, PowerShell scripting, and virtualization
- Experience developing, configuring, and managing cloud-based enterprise systems and web-based applications
- Ability to manage Azure subscriptions and resources, implement and manage storage, virtual machines, configure and manage virtual networks, and manage hybrid identities
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms
- Actively maintain certifications as part of continuous professional growth
- Experience implementing secure and scalable hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience with DevSecOps and GitOps workflows
- Experience with Azure Migrate tools and assessments
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Microsoft Azure Administrator or Architect certifications
- Demonstrated experience providing high‐quality service in environments based on incentivized KPIs/performance standards.
- Demonstrated experience providing high‐quality service during significant Government infrastructure modernization efforts.
Established in 1999, T-Rex Solutions, LLC is a proven mid-tier business providing data-centric mission services to the Federal government as it increasingly tries to secure and leverage the power of data. We design, integrate, secure, and deploy advanced technical solutions for our customers so they can efficiently fulfill their critical objectives. T-Rex offers both IT and professional services to numerous Federal agencies and is a leader in providing high quality and innovative solutions in the areas of Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Cyber Security, and Big Data Engineering.
T-Rex is constantly seeking qualified people to join our growing team. We have built a broad client base through our devotion to delivering quality products and customer service, and to do that we need quality individuals. But more than that, we at T-Rex are committed to creating a culture that supports the development of every employee's personal and professional lives. T-Rex has made a commitment to maintain the status of an industry leader in compensation packages and benefits which includes competitive salaries, performance bonuses, training and educational reimbursement, Transamerica 401(k) and Cigna healthcare benefits.
T-Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, and in accordance with applicable regulations, T-Rex requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If selected, you will be required to submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with T-Rex or have an approved exemption prior to the start of your employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over T-Rex's vaccination policy.
TechnologyView all jobs at T-Rex Solutions