The selected candidate will be involved in delivering quality products using cutting edge technologies as part of a large modernization effort that has significant industry focus. The candidate will be an integral component of a team of passionate and enthusiastic IT professionals, and has tremendous opportunities to contribute to T-Rex’s growing portfolio. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for testing, and supporting products in Cloud platform for enterprise-wide use. These products include modern enterprise applications accessible and responsive via any device (web/mobile). The candidate will be responsible for delivering quality products using industry best practices. The candidate is expected to have extensive experience in software development, software testing using test automation frameworks, integration testing with different systems, software release management, and operations.
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, test cases, implement test data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- Gather non-functional performance requirements, analyze and strategize the performance test approach
- Build performance testing frameworks that can be leveraged by development teams and QA teams to do their performance testing
- Hands-on script development using JMeter or Gatling or other open source tools
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics.
- Ability to work closely with Application Development and DevOps teams to identify, troubleshoot and debug performance issues
- Strong programming/scripting experience and passion for testing
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 5 – 7+ years’ experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in cloud environment; experience in manual functional and regression testing and preparing relevant test cases
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium Grid/WebDriver
- jUnit, TestNG
- API testing (RestAssured/Karate)
- JMeter, Gatling
- Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing
- Experience in Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance
- Knowledge in management tools such as JIRA Platform, Serena Business Manager
- Strong written and communication skills required
- US Citizenship
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
- XML, JSON
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- uBuild / uDeploy
- Experience in all or some of the following programming platform:
- Linux and Bash scripting
- Ruby, Python, PHP or Perl
- Experience in developing in Cloud environment
- Experience in API automation
Established in 1999, T-Rex Solutions, LLC is a proven mid-tier business providing data-centric mission services to the Federal government as it increasingly tries to secure and leverage the power of data. We design, integrate, secure, and deploy advanced technical solutions for our customers so they can efficiently fulfill their critical objectives. T-Rex offers both IT and professional services to numerous Federal agencies and is a leader in providing high quality and innovative solutions in the areas of Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Cyber Security, and Big Data Engineering.
T-Rex is constantly seeking qualified people to join our growing team. We have built a broad client base through our devotion to delivering quality products and customer service, and to do that we need quality individuals. But more than that, we at T-Rex are committed to creating a culture that supports the development of every employee's personal and professional lives. T-Rex has made a commitment to maintain the status of an industry leader in compensation packages and benefits which includes competitive salaries, performance bonuses, training and educational reimbursement, Transamerica 401(k) and Cigna healthcare benefits.
T-Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
T-Rex Solutions LLC
Why Work Here?Established in 1999, T-Rex Solutions, LLC is a proven mid-tier business providing data-centric mission services to the Federal government as it increasingly tries to secure and leverage the power of data. We design, integrate, secure, and deploy advanced technical solutions for our customers so they can efficiently fulfill their critical objectives. T-Rex offers both IT and professional services to numerous Federal agencies and is a leader in providing high quality and innovative solutions in the areas of Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Cyber Security, and Big Data Engineering.
100% company paid employee medical, 401K match, 30 days PTO, dental, vision, paid training, tuition assistance