Driver Class A CDL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a dependable and efficient CDL truck driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina able to withstand long hours on the road. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience is a must. T & N Logistics is looking for professional driver’s, these are independent contractor positions. Position offers 95% no touch freight. Candidates should have experience operating Tractor Trailer’s. We are hiring for one full-time position and one part-time / on-call position. Personnel selections of the company is extremely important as outstanding services comes from great drivers. The ability to pick up and deliver on time according to the customers schedule and specification is imperative. Safety of all shipped goods, possessions, and commercial products is our top priority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pick-up and safely transport goods to the intended destination
- Ensure contents are properly secured in truck, to prevent damage/injury
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries
- Pre-map out all driving routes
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely transport and delivery
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, add oil, anti-freeze, windshield wiper fluid, check tire pressure, etc)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Utilize ELD to maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in accordance with the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver's license (CDL) required
- 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred (Military Experience Welcomed)
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Valid medical certificate and is physically qualified to drive commercial vehicle
- No more than three moving violations in the past two years (some restrictions may apply)
- No more than one DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Comfortable with long-haul transport
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Map reading and route planning experience
- An innate sense of direction
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
T & N Logistics, LLCWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and room for growth. Performance and Bonus payouts. Home weekly, Paid Holidays, Select Holidays off. Overtime Opportunities.
T & N logistics is a private family Veteran owned and operated trucking company performing Regional work. Our company is MBE and DBE certified, we are fully compliant with all FMCSA and DOT regulations.
11 Crain HwyWashington, DC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at T & N Logistics, LLC