Project Engineer - Concrete Construction
- Expired: September 23, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
T&T Construction is hiring a full-time Project Engineer of concrete construction to assist job-site production for the Florida Region
To assist the project management team by developing and tracking project activities in accordance with company policies and standards, ensuring that the team is aware of all situations on the project.
The Project Engineer role is a developmental position which offers the team member the possibility of advancement and promotion into other areas of the company after acquiring all the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. These areas include, but are not limited to: Project Management, Preconstruction, and Production.
Reports to: Project Manager
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Engineering preferred. Business Degrees are also desirable. Applicants with a degree in a closely related field and/or with significant work experience in this role will also be considered.
- Knowledge of construction documentation flow and general knowledge of construction, cast-in-place, and tilt-up industries is desired.
- Capability and experience in reading blueprints, knowledge of CAD, Bluebeam, Planswift takeoff, Sage Estimating, and BIM Modeling is beneficial.
- Familiarity with menu driven software such as Timberline Accounting/Project Management is helpful.
- Must provide or be able to obtain OSHA 10-hour certification and CPR/First Aid certification.
- A self-starter that is detail-oriented with the ability to complete multiple tasks with consistency and accuracy.
- Must be well organized and have strong time-management skills.
- Exceptional follow-up skills are required. Candidate should possess the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal as well as written. Must be proficient at Microsoft Office.
- The capability to think ahead, identify and resolve potential problems is a must along with the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while splitting approximately half of your time on the job site and half of your time in office settings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Electronically log, track, distribute, and file all documents such as, RFI’s, submittals, drawings, change requests and letters as needed for assigned projects.
- Work with Project Management team to ensure that the highest levels of quality control are met. This includes but is not limited to: checking embed placement and quality of concrete finish, collecting quantitative data of production units, monitoring pours, and concrete pre-pour testing.
- Assist the PM/Superintendent in safety related matters on the project. Conduct safety walks.
- Attend job-site meetings and distribute project meeting minutes, keeping all team members informed.
- Assist the Project Manager regarding purchases and coding of invoices. Be familiar with the project’s job cost summary report.
- Be familiar with the use of (PJ) Timberline’s Project Management module for the purpose of creating Purchase Orders, Sub-Subcontracts, Submittals, RFIs, Change Requests and additions to the project’s correspondence log.
- Be familiar with the About Time software for clocking in/out team members. Assist the Superintendent with resolving time and pay issues, communicating with Payroll as needed.
- Track & Document production using computer-based applications.
- Coordinate vendor deliveries and subcontractor work.
All applicants must take a quick Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment. To take the test CLICK HERE or copy and paste the link below into your browser:
- Paid Time Off / Holidays
- Medical and Dental plans
- 401k w/ match
- Direct Deposit
For more information on the company, visit our website at https://www.ttcfl.com/
ConstructionView all jobs at T&T Construction