- Wears prescribed safety equipment at all times while working in the plant.
- Follows direction of Warehousing Supervisor and Logistics Coordinator to ensure that trucks are being loaded per posted schedule and in a manner that will minimize the possibility of damage while the trucks are in transit to a customer.
- Operate forklifts or overhead cranes to load or unload trucks or move material from mills and recutting machines to designated storage areas.
- Performs daily inspections on forklifts and / or overhead cranes and filling out the required checklist forms.
- Loads outbound trucks per direction of or “picking lists” created by Logistics Coordinator or Warehousing Supervisor
- Retrieves (pulls) and stages (if staging is required) all material as shown on “picking list”.
- Unloads all inbound traffic (not including coiled steel deliveries) and transfers to assigned storage area. May be asked to unload slit coils in the absence of the Coil Material Handler.
- Visually inspects all outbound loads for damage or packaging integrity prior to loading on truck.
- Follows direction of in moving packaged tubing from Recutting or Mill areas to designated storage areas.
- Maintains integrity of warehouse by
- keeping work area clean
- making sure all long length bundles are stored in warehouse or cantilevered racks or in such a manner that they are stacked evenly (without leaning)
- making sure all bundles and boxes are tagged and that tags are positioned in an easily visible location
- Works with a high sense of urgency to get trucks loaded (or unloaded) in such a time to minimize truck detention time.
- Is trained in and adheres to T & B Tube’s Quality policy, Company Rules, and Safety policy.
- Informs Warehousing Supervisor, Team Coordinators, or Maintenance Department of any safety, housekeeping, or maintenance issues that need attention.
- Helps train new employees in the Crane Operator / Shipping position.
Frequency: None 5%-25% 25%-50% 50%-75% 75%-100%
Weight Restrictions: Up to 75 lbs.
- Vantage computer system /using a scanner
- ISO 9000 overview
- Forklift and crane certification
- Safety Policy
- Safe truck loading and warehouse organization procedures
Education and/or equivalent experience required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift and crane operation
- Knowledge of loading trucks
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Math Skills (including fractions and decimal conversions)
- Basic Maintenance work
- Basic Mechanic Skills (Automotive Repair)
- Basic Machinery Experience-3-6 months
- Minimum 6 months experience in grocery store stock, warehouse environment, industrial environment.
- Minimum 1-year experience or more with overhead cranes, forklift, scanners