Mechanical Design Engineer II (U.S Citizen Only, Aerospace & Defense)
- Expired: January 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our mission is to provide high value, responsive engineering and innovative products that enable the defense of our democracy and the exploration of land, sea, and space. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
The Design Engineer's role is to conceptualize, design, develop, test, and support deployment of aerospace and flight worthy structures, mechanisms, mechanical products and systems. The primary focus of this position is design, with an emphasis on supporting new business development efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the mechanical engineering group in all aspects of design
- Conceptualize, design, and develop structures, mechanisms, and mechanical systems in accordance with customer requirements and customary standards
- Designate off-the-shelf mechanical component or systems, identify vendors who can supply them, and request their purchase in a manner timely with delivery requirements
- Create 2-D mechanical layout drawings and 3-D solid model conceptual drawings
- Perform basic required mechanical engineering calculations and analysis of designs to ensure their safe operation in meeting designated requirements
- Assist in design efforts of systems, owning design of sub-systems and components.
- Document requirements for performance, compliance with customer requirements, plans, test procedures, test reports, and any other contractual specifications
- Review designs for cost, manufacturing, and quality assurance issues
- Create formal or informal engineering drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing system requirements, and inspection/quality assurance specifications in accordance with appropriate standards and specifications
- Support manufacturing, quality assurance, assembly, testing, and deployment of designs from concept to delivery. Provide technical support internally and externally
- Support proposal/presentation preparation and business development activities
- Support bench and field-testing of mechanical elements and systems
- Mentor and resource for more junior engineers
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- Typically possesses 2-5 years aerospace and/or defense experience
- Solid understanding of multiple engineering technologies
- Proven experience in designing robust hardware
- Detailed knowledge of design-based military and commercial specifications
- Proficient in SolidWorks, and experienced in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE tools relevant to mechanical systems design
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
BENEFITS AT SYSTIMA
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. Plus, Systima has rolled out a new 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday OFF.
Systima recently purchased an outstanding property to accommodate our current staff and anticipated future growth. Systima's operations were previously based in Kirkland, WA. Then in mid-2021 our team relocated to the Harbour Pointe Tech Center, overlooking Puget Sound in beautiful Mukilteo, Washington.
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Systima are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Systima does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Systima Technologies