Director of Business Development, Space and Launch
- Posted: 12 days ago
"Launch" your new career with SYSTIMA a Division of Karman Space & Defense!
Take a look at who we are! https://youtu.be/gB9JqcGYtWA
To Apply, click here Recruitment (adp.com)
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are looking for a Director of Business Development, Space and Launch!
Pay: DOEJob Description
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to engage with customer engineering teams, procurement, and executive management
- Strong knowledge of both government and commercial Space Launch providers
- Industry expertise
- Pricing knowledge
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Strong presenter
- Technical experience is a plus
- Systems level sales expertise is a plus
To achieve the mission for this position, the DBD must produce the following critical actions and results:
- Sales Growth: The DBD will grow sales 20% year over year in the Space Launch market. The current sales cycle is from six months to two years depending on the product. The DBD will focus on increasing our market share by utilizing Karman’s expanding offerings with current and future Space Launch customers.
- Industry Outreach and Positioning: The DBD will develop new and better connections with decision makers throughout the industry and will position Karman as the primary problem solver for current clientele. Currently, Karman is part of a stable of suppliers that customers will ask to help solve problems. The DBD will work closely with customers to help develop solutions to these problems and get a foot in the door. They will nurture these relationships to help become the “go-to” provider, differentiating Karman from the current supplier base. Additionally, they will be proactive, identifying new programs that Karman can provide solutions for from design through production. The ideal candidate will have existing and strong relationships within the Space Launch market.
- Divisional Collaboration: There are currently four divisional Presidents, with 5-year growth plans. The DBD will work with the Presidents to support and execute their plans within the Space Launch market. These divisions are currently siloed and are not managed collectively. The DBD will release the divisional silo and ensure all groups are pursing goals and opportunities in a coordinated manner. Given that every product is a unique solution, collaboration is key to effectively getting business secured and product out the door.
- Marketing and Tradeshow Activations: The DBD will be responsible for relevant marketing and presentation materials. They will collaborate with marketing manager on general marketing strategy, content production, press release creation, and trade show activations. They will have a presence at tradeshows including the SMD, and NSS shows plus other major shows.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, advance degree is a plus
- Over 10-years related experience in business development and sales
- Key related Prime Contractor Relationships
- Over 5-years CRM experience
- Must be a U.S Citizen, and hold or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
If an exciting career in the Space & Defense Industry is for you, we'd LOVE to talk to you!
KARMAN SPACE & DEFENSE: Karman is the market leading suppliers of metallic and composite flight hardware and sub-assemblies for the space, missile, and hypersonic markets. Karman offers an unprecedented capability set to customers, creating a supply chain solution in a historically fragmented supply base. The Karman team draws on in-house expertise in engineering & design, precision machining, large part forming, welding, heat age, finishing, assembly, ablative & insulative composites, and other capabilities to serve as a strategic partner to customers. Karman is headquartered in greater Los Angeles and currently has 5 locations in Southern California and 1 location in Mukilteo, Washington.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Systima are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Systima does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
BusinessView all jobs at Systima Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?