Systems West Engineers is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our MEP consulting firm. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and performing the study, design and construction administration of electrical engineering projects for institutional, commercial and government buildings. Facility types may include K-12 schools, higher education facilities, government office buildings, laboratories, medical facilities, data/communication centers, sports facilities, aquatic centers, and central plants.
This is a full time, exempt position. Competitive salary, DOE. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan with contributions and company performance bonus.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include performing electrical design and field work, preparing reports and plans in compliance with applicable electrical code, collaboration with all office disciplines, provide construction administration services and supporting the development of company electrical standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of industry experience required. MEP Industry Experience Required.
- REVIT Experience required.
- Broad professional experience and knowledge working with a variety of facility types such as K-12 and higher education buildings, government offices, laboratories, healthcare facilities data/communication centers, sports facilities, aquatic centers, and central plants.
- PE license or actively pursuing the path to obtain.
LEED certification and/or Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification
- Experience with building electrical power, lighting, electronic safety and security, communications, low voltage control systems. More specifically,
- Electrical distributions systems, including main electrical room layouts, facility power layout including mechanical equipment and receptacles, and familiarity with 120/208V & 277/480V systems
- Electrical grounding systems
- Data communication systems, including MDF/IDF room build-outs, data rack layout, and fiber optic and category cable routing
- Selection and application of lighting fixtures, including photometric calculations based on room geometry. Experience using Visual 3D or AGi32.
- Lighting control systems, including relay panel-based system and distributed digital systems. Familiar with OEESC requirements as they relate to lighting and lighting controls.
- Fire alarm system, including main panel selections, detection, and notification device layouts and familiarity with OFC.
- Standby power generation systems, including generator sizing, and standby distribution design.
- Security/Access Control system design, including intrusion detection, card readers, security cameras, etc.
Full job description and additional company info available at systemswestengineers.com
Our employees are some of the hardest working, supportive, and skilled engineers, designers, technicians, and administrative staff in our field. We value transparency, creativity, and new challenges. Collectively, we value both professional and personal growth and seek continued work-life balance in our everyday practices.
Systems West Engineers is an established MEP consulting firm with over 30 years in business; ideally situated between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Our client-focused services, diverse and established client base and small group of talented employees drive our continued company success.