Systems Safety Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. is searching for a Systems Safety Engineer to support an Aviation Project Office located at Redstone Arsenal, AL. This position will be responsible for planning, managing, coordinating, and executing a comprehensive aviation weapon system safety program.
Other Job Duties:
- Manage the aviation system safety program and serve as the primary advisor for Aviation System Safety related areas.
- Responsible for direct oversight and direction of vendor system safety support areas.
- Ensure requirements are compliant with applicable safety regulations, such as MIL-STD-882, AR 385-10, AMCOM 385-17, and other appropriate industry standards.
- Review and/or provide input to contract documents, such as Statements of Work, Specifications, and info/white papers for safety-related implications to ensure safety considerations are properly addressed.
- Review/assess system safety-related documentation, test reports, test data, and incident data, and coordinate safety implications and risk levels with other functional areas.
- Coordinate activities with PEO and AMCOM Safety Offices, as required.
Education and General Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in Systems Safety
- Experience working safety processes, as described in MIL-STD-882E, during design, development, use, and maintenance of safety-critical hardware and software systems, such as Safety Program Plans (SSP), Safety Assessment Reports (SAR), Hazard Analyses (HA) and Safety Verifications.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and interacting daily with high level DoD Officials (O-6/NH-IV and above), sitting on-site with the DoD Program Office and the ability to deliver products successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working independently or leading teams in the solving of problems.
- Possess expert ability to obtain and analyze data, identify risks, and recommend mitigation strategies and to advise on recommended solutions.
- Superior proficiency in MS Office suite tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required.
- Familiarity working DoD or Army-centric acquisition programs.
- Current Secret Security Clearance required.
Required Travel: up to 20%
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. For more information go to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Systems Technology & Research Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Systems Technology & Research Inc.