Systems Engineer/Network Server Administrator
Systems Integration, Inc. Arlington, VA
- Posted: 21 days ago
Systems Integration, Inc. (SII) is a leading provider of turnkey contact center infrastructure solutions and IT services. With decades of combined experience in IT and systems integration, we have helped US Government agencies and commercial businesses elevate their customer satisfaction with our portfolio of solutions and services. Join our IT team to discover a professionally and financially rewarding career in an exciting, fast-paced, and growing government-contracting industry! Our work depends on a Systems Engineer/Network Server Administrator joining our team to support our client at the Pentagon.
The Systems Engineer/Network Server Administrator will design, develop, and configure new servers
and server systems or make significant enhancements to existing servers. The ideal candidate is a
handson platform builder with significant experience in developing server platforms, including virtual
server systems with experience in multivendor server software and hardware. They must have strong,
firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and the proven ability to fashion
robust calculable solutions that can manage large server systems. They must have proven experience
and certifications on Linux OS and Linux based servers. They must be at ease working in an agile
environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement
- Configure internal systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Upgrade the network infrastructure
- Install server software and hardware
- Train new system users and set up their accounts
- Monitor the performance of servers, software, and hardware
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Update technical documentation
- Analyze, design, and develop tests and testautomation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate crossfunctionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoot complex problems and provide support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical
discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 2 5 years of related software development experience
- Server systems hardware and software experience and related certifications
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Networking Certification (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Network+ ce, SolarWinds)
- Must have handson experience/knowledge with Aruba networking systems
- Linux OS and Linux based server experience and certifications
- Active Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a SCI eligibility
- TRAVEL REQUIRED: 1025%
- Experience with testdriven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aruba Certification (ACSA and/or ACSP depending on role)
- 2+ years as senior or lead engineer in planning, designing, and building software defined networks
- 3+ years in DoD environment
- Experience with network virtualization technologies
- Experience with multitenant network architectures
- Familiarity with a width variety network routing and switching equipment devices from multiple vendors
- Scripting languages such as Pearl, Python, coding for network threshold events.
- Able to report onsite as indicated above
- Top Secret with SCI Eligibility OR a TS/SCI
- Master's Degree
- Aruba Certification (ACSA and/or ACSP depending on role
What We Offer:
SII is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive pay and performance-based incentives, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 10 paid holidays per year; paid vacation; medical and dental coverage for employees and their dependents; disability insurance; life insurance; and a matching 401(k) plan.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Systems Integration, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Systems Integration, Inc.