- Posted: over a month ago
Years of Experience: 3 years
Education Requirements:Associate degree
Position Description: The Hardware Technician will provide hardware expertise to analyze hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues. Perform acceptance testing on equipment, and then integrate equipment and associated software into COTS/GOTS systems for deployments. Provide up-to-date inventory of equipment located across enterprise. Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the users requirements.
- Analyzes hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include server, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
- Prepares functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Ensures that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the users requirements
- Recommends specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Trains personnel in proper use of hardware
- Prepares installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Analyzes and recommends hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware
- Prepares Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses
- Tracks and analyzes different types of failures on fielded equipment and failure rate
- Inventories mission hardware and track fielded equipment
- Tests mission hardware for quality control, test new releases, builds systems, and remotely deploys systems
- Integrates mission products with COTS/GOTS hardware and software
- Conducts mission hardware upgrades, mission software upgrades, and operating system upgrades
- Communicates clearly and regularly with the customer (individual, organization, and/or site) on the status of technical support being performed
- Analyzes operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements
- TS/SCI FS (Preferred); TS/SCI FS Eligible Accepted
- Associates degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. 3 years of additional hardware experience may be substituted for an associates degree.
- 3 years configuring and managing Linux-based systems
- Configures and manages LINUX operating systems. Loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementation.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Teamwork: Able to enthuse and maintain project interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
SES provides a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
Systems Engineering Solutions Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Systems Engineering Solutions Corporation