Software Engineer DevOps
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $225,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
As a federal government contractor, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the legislative deadline for vaccine mandates. All candidates must attest to being able to meet this requirement in order to be considered and provide verification upon employment**
We are seeking a self-motivated DevOps Engineer on site in Reston, VA. This individual will have demonstrated experience in modern web application architectures involving microservices and cloud platform orchestration tools (Kubernetes).
The position will involve software development and continuous integration/delivery to support DoD mission planning and National Security objectives. The DevOps engineer must be comfortable with infrastructure tooling like Ansible and code management via GitLab. In addition, familiarity with cybersecurity areas like PKI/KeyCloak setup and OpenSCAP/CVE scanning is ideal.
This is an Agile development environment, working on state-of-the-art algorithms and technology for a DoD customer located in Reston, VA. The developer would attend team meetings, work with engineering teams, documentation teams, and other developers to create solutions.
We anticipate the majority of this work will require on-site efforts, though the possibility for some remote work exists.
- US Citizenship required for consideration. Must be able to obtain Secret clearance. An existing clearance is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently and with little direct supervision or oversight.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- DevOps experience with Kubernetes and Ansible
- GitLab code management experience..
- Agile development experience with Sprint and Retrospective experience in a team environment.
- Multi-platform development environments.
- Version control and Feature/Defect tracking experience with Atlassian Tools - JIRA, Confluence, Struts, etc. All work is tracked and managed in the Atlassian tools.
- A Bachelor's Degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent, is required.
- PKI and KeyCloak setup experience.
- OpenSCAP/CVE scaning experience.
- Solid Linux foundation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
SDI provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and personal leave package, health, vision, and dental medical coverage, S-IRA retirement plan, performance bonuses, and more.
Systems Definition is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Systems Definition is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Systems Definition, Inc.
1850 Centennial Park DriveWashington, DC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?