- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Program Manager
Position Type: Contingent Upon Award, Full-time, Exempt
Work Location: Fort Bliss (El Paso, TX)
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. (SA-TECH) is a progressive and well-established Department of Defense (DoD) contractor specializing in range operations and maintenance (O weapons testing; facilities management; aerial, ground and seaborne targets O technical, logistics and other engineering support; systems integration; and electronic and communications maintenance services. We are highly focused and, among other efforts, currently operate 11 active test and/or training ranges for the Army, Air Force and Navy. Our 33-year heritage is founded on supporting complex and diverse DoD programs and we’ve developed a standout reputation for providing the highest quality services, superior workmanship and cost-effective results while achieving complete customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking to hire a Program Manager (PM) to manage the overall progress of a Test Operations contract with execution in the Fort Bliss (El Paso,TX) and Fort Sill, OK (Lawton, OK) areas. As the PM, you will be based at Fort Bliss, with a Deputy PM stationed at Fort Sill, and occasional travel between the two. As the PM, you will be responsible to the customer and the company for all business, administration and management activities on the contract. This includes efficiently allocating resources across projects, managing the program budget, customer communications, program risks and remote/separated locations. You will be responsible for resolving issues and initiating corrective action where necessary.
Please note: Although this position is contingent upon an upcoming contract award and is not an immediate hire, this opportunity at this time represents the best window to apply for this role.
Other duties/requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Organize, direct and manage contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex and inter-related tests, projects and support tasks
- Exercise overall responsibility for all aspects of the multi-year, test/project/task efforts executed under assigned contract and serve as the corporate single point of contact for all related matters with contracting office and the local customers located at Fort Bliss
- Manage teams of contract/subcontract personnel at multiple locations
- Maintain and manage the client interface/communication at the senior levels
- Manage and drive the budget execution process
- Brief corporate and United States Government (USG) leadership and staffs on program execution as required
- Effectively manage multiple test/projects and communicate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance, direction and advice to your Site Manager / Deputy PM located at Fort Sill, OK
- Performs work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Is subject to high noise levels, vibration and adverse environmental conditions.
- Required to work under stress.
- Is subject to on-call at all hours.
- May be required to travel to Fort Sill, OK or to geographically dispersed test locations.
- Required to ride/drive 4x4 or military tactical vehicles in semi-improved and off-road environments.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelors (BS) Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics Science or Equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 10 years’ of management experience
- 10 years’ experience in Test and Evaluation (T&E) experience, preferably in ground combat weapon systems
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET clearance prior to hire and throughout employment
- Strong knowledge of defense contracting program management, policies, procedures, budgeting processes, and reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of Department of Labor regulations for exempt and Service Contract personnel
- Strong budget execution skills; ability to develop cost analysis and pricing models
- A minimum of two years’ experience in preparing financial forecasting briefs and accompanying graphics
- A minimum of two years’ experience in developing Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates in coordination with appropriate USG and other relevant corporate entities
- Demonstrated capacity to recruit and retain personnel
- Excellent communications skills and experience coordinating with senior US Military and Government personnel
- Experience with Army (ATEC or OTC) testing operations is highly desired
- Prior operational military (Army or USMC) combat arms experience is highly desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications and other software applications, as required
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Possess a valid driver’s license; must be able to be insured through Company’s vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely-held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
As a well-established preferred DoD employer, SA-TECH recognizes that our success is indicative of our team members' hard work and dedication towards a common goal… Supporting our Warfighters. Along with unparalleled stability, we have the ingredients for superior performance with a servant leadership mentality that provides an affirmation of purpose and value in a team-oriented positive work environment. As such, we provide a sense of family, competitive pay and excellent employee benefits.
Highlights of our employee benefits include:
- Medical plan with prescription plan
- Dental plan, includes orthodontics
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Generous PTO including holidays, sick leave and vacation
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
SA-TECH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Systems Application & Technologies Inc
1101 Mercantile LaneUpper Marlboro, MD
Get fresh Awards jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.