General Technician II CH-53K (Engineering Technician II)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Work Location: Patuxent River, MD
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. (SA-TECH) is a progressive and well-established Department of Defense (DoD) contractor specializing in Range operations and maintenance (O weapons testing; facilities management; aerial, ground and seaborne targets O technical, logistics and other engineering support; systems integration; electronics and communications maintenance services; and a growing cybersecurity business. We are highly focused and, among other efforts, currently operate a dozen active test and/or training ranges for the Army, Air Force and Navy. Our 33-year heritage is founded on supporting complex and diverse DoD programs and we’ve developed a standout reputation for providing the highest quality services, superior workmanship and cost-effective results while achieving complete customer satisfaction.
At the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division in Patuxent River, MD, SA-TECH supports the Aircraft Instrumentation Division (AID) of the Prototyping, Experimentation, and Instrumentation (PIE) Department and we are currently looking to hire a General Technician II to provide aircraft instrumentation and wiring support.
As a General Technician, you’ll apply your learned technical knowledge to perform general engineering support functions for wiring, sheet metal, electronics, drafting, instrumentation, structures, or machining disciplines. You’d also assists Engineering Techs and Engineers on projects by gathering materials and equipment from source locations and delivering them to work/test locations and returning items back to their proper locations. You must have the technical knowledge to demonstrate a practical application of tools and techniques to assigned duties. This position receives technical guidance from a supervisor or higher level-technicians. Work is reviewed at initiation for proper technique and monitored for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments. You may be asked to provide visitor control support, as needed.
The basic duties of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Support ongoing CH-53K flight test operations including pre/post-flight instrumentation procedures and post-flight instrumentation inspections.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation system discrepancies including sensors (thermocouples, accelerometers and pressure sensors required with limited strain gage troubleshooting), wiring and data acquisition hardware.
- CH-53K utilizes L-3 data acquisition hardware; technician experience with L-3 is preferred but not required.
- COMSEC duties with secret data handling
- Wire various instrumentation packages
- May perform camera work (DRS with harbour cable as well as the new TTC Ethernet cameras)
- Conditions will vary although most of the work will be performed in enclosed buildings.
- Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
- You must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted and 50-100 lbs. assisted by others.
- Working hours are 0600-1530; there may be an occasional need to work flex hours as well as overtime.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- For wiring, electronics, and instrumentation duties, you must obtain (and subsequently maintain) IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification within 60 days of start (Government-taught classes may be used if available).
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Non-Aircrew Cockpit Systems (NACS) qualification.
- Must be conscientious while working on aircraft and hangar deck with regard to Safety, FOD, Tool Control, etc.
- Current Driver’s License required; must be able to be insured through company’s vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship required and you must be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Secret Clearance prior to hire date and maintain a Secret clearance throughout employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
SA-TECH is committed to safeguarding the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. As a federal government contractor, SA-TECH must comply with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations and safety protocols. These requirements may include vaccination, attestation regarding your vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, and you may be required to show proof of vaccination status and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of your employment.
Working At SA-TECH:
As a well-regarded DoD employer, SA-TECH recognizes that our success is indicative of our team members' hard work and dedication towards a common goal… Supporting our Warfighters. Along with unparalleled stability, we have the ingredients for superior performance with a servant leadership mentality that provides an affirmation of purpose and value in a team-oriented positive work environment. As such, we provide a sense of family, competitive pay and employee benefits, along with a strong commitment to the professional development of our workforce and for providing broad career opportunities throughout the United States.
SA-TECH provides employees with:
- Employee Recognition
- Above-Average Compensation
- Competitive Employee Benefits
- Continuous Training and Professional Development
- Ample Career Advancement Opportunities
Highlights of SA-TECH’s employee benefits include:
- Medical plan with excellent prescription coverage
- Dental plan with orthodontics for children
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Sick leave
- Flexible PTO options
SA-TECH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies Inc
1101 Mercantile LaneUpper Marlboro, MD
Get fresh Engineering Technician II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.