Engineering Technician IV (Surge)
- $31 to $31 Hourly
Position Type: Non-Exempt, Part-Time On-Call (PTOC)
Work Location: Fort Irwin, CA
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. (SA-TECH) is a progressive and well-established Department of Defense (DoD) contractor specializing in Range operations and maintenance (O&M); weapons testing; facilities management; aerial, ground and seaborne targets O&M; technical, logistics and other engineering support; systems integration; electronics and communications maintenance services; and a growing cybersecurity business. We are highly focused and, among other efforts, currently operate a dozen active test and/or training ranges for the Army, Air Force and Navy. Our 33-year heritage is founded on supporting complex and diverse DoD programs and we've developed a standout reputation for providing the highest quality services, superior workmanship and cost-effective results while achieving complete customer satisfaction.
SA-TECH plays a critical role in the preparation of our Warfighters and the equipment they employ around the world. We specialize in supporting dynamic, live-fire test and training ranges that encompass three-dimensional battlespace on land, in the air, and at sea.
We are currently looking to hire senior Engineering Technicians on a part-time, on-call basis at Fort Irwin, CA to support our unit rotation schedules. The frequency of the work is nine (9) times a year for about 1500 hours, many of which are overtime hours. Our Surge Technicians work 12 consecutive days during unit rotations and we support ten (10) rotations a year (typically) at the Fort Irwin location.
As a surge PTOC technician, your duties include (but are not limited to):
- Providing support of test events on military ranges which requires a knowledge of military protocol and standard operating procedures during FTX events.
- Applying technical knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and computer skills in support of operations and routine maintenance on EW & Radar systems and their peripheral equipment.
- Setting up EW & Radar systems at remote locations, operating the systems in support of test missions, and tearing down the systems once testing is completed.
- Work includes cross-utilization into other positions that fall within their scope of work.
- Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment of military test events.
The Engineering Technician IV performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
- Conditions will vary as most work will be accomplished outdoors.
- Must be able to work outside on the range throughout the year where temperatures and weather conditions will vary.
- Physical requirements include: 45% standing, 25% walking, 20% sitting, 5% reaching, 5% lifting, 10% crouching in tight spaces (inside unit vehicle), and you must be capable of lifting 50-100 pounds independently or with assistance from others.
- This is a part-time on-call position and shift hours vary with mission requirements.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed when called in, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
- Due to real-world war-time environments, must be able to handle combat simulation and maneuvering exercises.
- May be subjected to loud noises including explosive devices, live gun fire/ammunitions firing war-time simulation, and loud noise generated from inside military vehicles during missions, troop support, and while working on range.
Part-Time, On-Call Position Estimated Frequency of Work:
- 10 rotations a year for approximately 1500 hours (many hours are OT)
- A PTOC Surge Technician would work 12 consecutive days during each rotation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of electrical and mechanical system maintenance and repair experience.
- 5+ years of maintenance supervisor/maintenance lead/maintenance planning experience.
- 3+ years of RF maintenance and repair experience.
- Must have radar operation experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Network/Computer operations & maintenance.
- Experience working at a government facility helpful, but not required.
- Ability to obtain a Forklift Operator license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Word, Internet Explorer.
- Ability to input data into various user interface applications, ability to save and transfer data via USB sticks, CDs, hard drives, or other storage devices, and knowledgeable with networking and component configuration set-up and troubleshooting.
- Must have strong working knowledge and the ability to use hand tools and technician diagnostic equipment to include digital multi meters, power meters, power drills, wrenches, screw drivers, etc.
- Work experience as a technician in any of the following fields is considered a plus: Mechanic, Electrician, Communication System Repairman, or Hydraulic/Pneumatic System Repairman.
- Current Driver's License required; must be able to be insured through company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship required and you must be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Secret Clearance prior to start date and maintain a Secret clearance throughout employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
SA-TECH is committed to safeguarding the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. As a federal government contractor, SA-TECH must comply with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations and safety protocols. These requirements may include vaccination, attestation regarding your vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, and you may be required to show proof of vaccination status and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of your employment.
Working at SA-TECH:
As a highly regarded DoD employer, SA-TECH recognizes that our success is indicative of our team members' hard work and dedication towards a common goal... Supporting our Warfighters. Along with unparalleled stability, we have the ingredients for superior performance with a servant leadership mentality that provides an affirmation of purpose and value in a team-oriented positive work environment. As such, we provide a sense of family, competitive pay and employee benefits, along with a strong commitment to the professional development of our workforce and for providing broad career opportunities throughout the United States.
SA-TECH provides employees with:
- Employee Recognition
- Above-Average Compensation
- Competitive Employee Benefits
- Continuous Training and Professional Development
- Ample Career Advancement Opportunities
Highlights of SA-TECH's employee benefits include:
- Medical plan with excellent prescription coverage
- Dental plan with orthodontics for children
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Sick leave
- Flexible PTO options
SA-TECH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
** Please note that the provided salary information is a general guideline. SA-TECH considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work experience, education, training, and skills as well as market and business considerations when extending offers.
Systems Application & Technologies IncFort Irwin, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.