Established in 1985, Systems 3, Inc. has grown to become a leading supplier of CNC machined parts, tooling, fixtures and engineering design services. We currently have an opportunity available for an Estimator.
I. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
The Estimator reports directly to the Customer Service Director. There are no direct reports to this position.
- Review customer RFQ's and determine material requirements, processing and job routing
- Communicate with customers to accurately define requirements and expectations
- Work with outside vendors/services to achieve best possible price
- Gather information and data from engineering and manufacturing to develop cost information in estimating specific RFQs.
- Develop estimates of highly complex labor, material, equipment and other direct cost structures
- Produce timely, accurate, and complete estimates
- Maintain the highest ethical personal and professional standards
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the position’s supervisor
- Minimum of ten years cost estimating experience in aerospace manufacturing and machining.
- BS Degree in a related manufacturing discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous and detailed experience of quoting for a machine shop environment or similar
- Experience analyzing drawings, parts lists, and other data to determine manufacturing requirements
- Ability to quote complex machined components, assemblies, and special processes.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to co-workers and customers.
- Display awareness of competitive market and cutting-edge manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing and machining processes
- Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Systems 3 is an ITAR regulated facility. Employees must be able to meet the US Person requirement
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.