GROWING COMPANY - FACILITY EXPANSION IN PROCESS
Develop machining processes and programs for the manufacturing of products in multiple-axis lathe and mills. Assist in process improvement and cost reductions through productivity improvement and machine time reductions, including tool and new product program testing. Responsible for the CAD system that generates computer models of the parts.
- Develop machining processes and programs for the manufacturing of products in multiple-axis lathes and mills interfacing with tool engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers and production personnel.
- Analyze part drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selecting cutting tools, and machine speeds and feeds, according to knowledge of machine shop processes. Perform debugging and testing of CNC programs in the machining lathes and mills.
- Develop and maintain CNC programs of multiple-axis lathes and mills using an advanced three-dimensional programming CAD system.
- Prepare, store and maintain program files in the database system.
- Write instruction sheets and tool lists to guide set-up and operation of the lathes and mills.
- Assist in any testing required in the purchase of new CNC equipment.
- Assist in the training of production operators on the use of new CNC machine control and tools.
- Support the departmental data base maintenance.
- Perform cutting tools evaluations, cost analysis and new technology implementation as well analyze tooling failures.
- Maintain status reports on program availability on a timely basis.
- Cycle Time Reduction: adjusting feed and speeds, wasted machine moves, and evaluation of better cutters.
- Work Holding Design and Manufacturing (Solidworks/Mastercam)
- Custom Tool Design and Manufacturing
- Willing to take part in machine set-up on shop floor for all new processes
- Quote Machining Cycle Times for quoting purposes
Expected Areas of Competence:
- Mastercam Programming
- Solidworks Design
- Work holding on techniques on Ductile & Gray Iron Castings
- G & M Code Programming
- CNC Machining