- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Technical Accounting
Location: Germantown, MD or Englewood, CO
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
The successful candidate will lead Technical Accounting efforts, including responsibility for researching complex technical accounting issues, writing technical accounting memos, revisiting our accounting policies including proposing updates and changes to those accounting policies as necessary. Leading and supporting implementation of new accounting standards, provide accounting consulting to our accounting teams as well as other groups, assist our operational accounting teams with complex accounting rules for revenue recognition, leases, impairment analysis, investments and acquisitions for our global organization.
- Carry out research on intricate and complex accounting matters in order to develop a fact-based conclusion to ensure suitable application of authoritative accounting guidance, including drafting relevant technical accounting memos to support these conclusions.
- Present issues, options, and recommendations to management, including working with our external auditors to reach a definitive conclusion.
- Through research of technical accounting literature, perform an evaluation of new accounting standards’ impact to the company’s financial statements to include working with other areas of the organization to understand current accounting practices to determine and conclude how new accounting standards will impact processes and procedures, as well as ensure controls over financial reporting are redesigned as necessary.
- Build relationships with many stakeholders from all areas of the organization in order to be successful - Executive Team, Finance, Operations, Internal Audit, IT, and Subsidiary Management teams,
- Support other areas of the organization to find solutions to unusual accounting matters that may rise from time to time.
- Take initiative with little or no guidance
- Reassess historical accounting policies, process and procedures to ensure established processes and procedures are aligned with current accounting requirements.
- Perform ongoing assessments for complex accounting areas such as impairment, fair value accounting, derivative accounting, etc.
- Assist external auditors as necessary, including completion of quarterly and annual audit efforts.
- Help lead coordination, review and analysis of valuations prepared by external consultants related to business combinations. Support other areas of the organization to successfully implement accounting processes and procedures related to acquisitions.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA – Active
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience, including past experience in a technical accounting role
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at System One