Senior Injection Process Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Senior Injection Process Engineer
Location: Allentown, PA
Duration: Direct Hire
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assists with the completion of engineering projects. Reviews project plans, proposals, and objectives.
- Assigns responsibilities and builds schedules based on project specifications.
- Designs and conducts tests to determine project progress.
- Determines and stays within budget.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Reports to management on progress. Recommends plan and schedule changes when necessary.
- Complies with state and federal regulations and ensures a clean and safe environment.
- Establish and integrate the use of CAD to efficiently and accurately produce needed parts, execute mold repairs.
- Design gages, fixtures, or other miscellaneous devices for manufacturing.
- Prepare in-house quotations and acquire vendor quotations.
- Assist in debugging the function and cycling of molds prior to releasing the mold to manufacturing.
- Work on reviewing / updating / creating SOPs for the departments on various functions to include: machine operation, work standards, external procedures and other areas as assigned.
- Support coordination of equipment installations within the plant. (Example molding equipment and machine tool equipment)
- Conduct DOE experiments on molding processes
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and issues
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Preferred: Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor of Science – Plastic and Polymer Engineering
- Some experience with plastic part design.
- Some experience with injection mold design and working with outside vendors.
- Some knowledge of Mold Shop manufacturing processes to be able to apply them to existing and development projects.
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks software experience.
- CAD/CAM Software experience.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
ManufacturingView all jobs at System One