Regional CRSL Research Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: New Haven, CT
Duration: Direct Hire
Schedule: 37.5 hours M-F, occasional weekend and evening hours
Target Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to the Senior Assistant Director for Clinical Research Support Laboratory, the Regional CRSL Research Associate will support the Clinical Research Support Laboratory (CRSL). The position will primarily be based in Stamford, CT, with the expectation of travel to other CRSL locations as operationally needed, such as New Haven, North Haven, Trumbull, and Hartford. The purpose of this role is to provide meticulous preparation, coordination, and shipment of biological specimens obtained from patients participating in clinical oncology trials. This position requires comprehending and following protocols for a large number of clinical studies with a high degree of accuracy. Responsibilities include oversight of the daily laboratory operations, including processing and shipping biological specimens, working closely with the larger CRSL operation, the Clinical Trials Office (CTO) research staff, as well as interfacing with clinical staff.
- Recommends the design and implementation of procedures and protocols under the direction of a higher-level authority.
- Investigates, analyzes, and reaches preliminary scientific conclusions related to research planning
- Ensures data results are compiled, analyzed, and presented properly.
- Analyzes, develops and interprets scientific results. Maintains clear documentation of results. Prepares scientific reports and papers for research proposals and published reports.
- Performs independent research and laboratory techniques and participates in experimental research planning.
- Interacts with internal contacts including the PI, research assistants, graduate students, Radiation Safety and Biological Safety officers, and Animal Care personnel to discuss and evaluate research results and to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Interacts with external contacts such as researchers at other institutions, staff at biotechnology and reagents companies to consult on research methods and to keep abreast of product information and developments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Master's degree in science or related health field or medical technology degree.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience, particularly in a laboratory setting.
- Previous clinical trials experience and/or experience in an oncology setting.
- Masters Degree in a scientific discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relay information to/obtain information from internal staff as well as external study staff, including physicians, research staff, and study sponsors.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills. Proven ability to comprehend complex clinical trial laboratory manuals and associated materials and protocols with a demonstrated ability to extract relevant information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology. Proven ability to work in a laboratory, preferably in a BSL-2 laboratory. Ability to travel to different laboratory locations and to transport laboratory supplies and specimens via motor vehicle to other sites; a valid drivers license and the ability to use of one's own motor vehicle is required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet daily deadlines while handling multiple projects. Ability to travel to other CRSL locations such as New Haven, Trumbull, North Haven, and Hartford for occasional meetings.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office. Experience with or ability to learn additional software including OnCore and EPIC.
AddressNew Haven, CT
HealthcareView all jobs at System One