60 year old, family-owned and operated uniform rental company has an immediate opening for a Chief Maintenance Engineer.
Candidates must have strong technical skills and ability to help maintain an industrial (commercial) laundry facility.
Summary: The Chief Engineer has overall responsibility for installation, repair and maintenance of industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Ensures that tasks such as start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, boiler work, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, or other systems are being done according to policy and procedure standards. Reports to the Operations Manager.
· Facilitate and supervise the installation, repair and maintenance of large industrial processing equipment, such as Braun Washers, Dryers, Steam Tunnels, Pressers, etc. Ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance of this equipment and for the facility in general is being done according to policy and procedure
· Supervise the plant maintenance staff and consult with production, and stockroom management to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
· Oversee the regular maintenance of lint traps, shaker screen barrels, oil levels, grease fittings, water levels, wastewater systems and other engineering processes.
· Repair and maintain hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, PC, air, power.
· Perform plumbing, 3-phase 230 volt electrical, carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
· Advise the Operations Manager of parts, supplies and equipment requirements, and order as needed.
· Supervise the handling of daily maintenance requests so that minimal down-time is experienced and operational processes are continually improved
· Work with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
· Strictly adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by the company, state/federal law, and also what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
· Remain current on equipment and repair procedures and keep the maintenance engineering staff likewise.
· Keep accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
· Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by upper management.
· May work with and support other plant personnel as required by upper management.
· Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
Skills, Experience, Education and Abilities:
· Specialized knowledge in the maintenance of commercial or industrial cleaning equipment (Braun Washers, Dryers, Steam Tunnels, Pressers, etc) is REQUIRED
· 5+ years maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications.
· Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3-phase 230 volt systems.
· PLC programming experience.
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
High School diploma required; AA or bachelor’s degree a plus!
Typical Physical Activity / Typical Environmental Conditions
Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs., and lifting up to 60 lbs. The production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
· $177.00 per month for the entire family (Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage)
· Profit sharing and 401k retirement package
Very stable company, team atmosphere, a place to call home
Each year, we place thousands of professionals in contract and direct hire roles with the nations top employers. Our recruiters have years of experience in professional, industrial and technical environments; thus, we have the contacts, experience and resources to make great career matches.