Healthcare Claims Business Analyst - Post Adjudication - 100% Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HEALTHCARE CLAIMS BUSINESS ANALYST – POST ADJUDICATION (100% Remote)
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire or long-term contract opening for a Healthcare Business Analyst with post-adjudication voucher / 835 transaction experience to support a leading, Washington DC area health insurance customer. This is a 100% remote role.
As a Business Analyst, you will analyze complex business problems and evaluate the practicability of proposed enhancements and system automations. As an ideal candidate you will collect and synthesize data, review current business processes, understand end-user needs in consultation with stakeholders and explain implications. Acts as a liaison between business users and IT development team. Business Analyst work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to create and update Libraries/User Stories, Change Management Summaries and Use Cases.
Objectives of this Role: Include, but not limited to, the following
- Conducts interviews with the business area, analyzing their IT needs to develop descriptions of moderately complex systems proposals.
- Prepare, review, revise and maintain Libraries/User Stories and Change Management Summaries related to business and user requirements.
- Develop software requirements specifications that captures the complete system and serve as the "build-to" specification for development.
- Serve as primary liaison between the technical team, product team and end-users for the purpose of establishing a common understanding of requirements and the as-built product.
- Develop system Use Cases that describe the system’s intended functional behavior and serve as a SME/Product Analyst.
- Create supplementary specifications that capture system requirements that are not readily captured in Use Cases.
- Define system quality, operational attributes, external interfaces, constraints, rules, and other non-functional requirements.
- Perform requirements modeling and diagram flows which depict various perspectives of the system’s functional behavior.
- Provide authoritative understanding of the systems implementation independent behavior to support the following:
- Test designers in the development of software test plans and test cases.
- Solution architects in the development of architecture and design models.
- Data designers in the development of logical and physical data models.
- Serve as the development team representative during UAT for the purpose of clarifying the intended functional behavior of the software.
- Manage requirements traceability to include development of requirements traceability matrices.
- Triage support during software releases, which includes identification of relationships and dependencies between requirements, and estimation of technical effort.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer science, Mathematics, Business, or equivalent relevant work experience as a Business Analyst.
- At least 3-4 years of experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software.
- 3+ years of experience with Technology Architecture (Client Server and Web), project planning and estimating, systems analysis and assessment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Strong experience owning end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Post Adjudication Experience.
- 835 (Payment/remittance advice).
- Experience in the health insurance industry.
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processing.
- 2-4 years industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Capability to use industry standard requirements gathering and modeling techniques to understand and communicate the needs of the product’s user.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new processes and standards, with a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficient PC and business solutions software skills.
- Functional understanding and experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) standards and processing.
- General ledger feed.
- Financial Interface to check writing integration.
- 1099 knowledge.
- Experience with 834 (Benefit enrollment), 837 (Health care claim).
- In-depth knowledge and experience using SDLC with the implementation of Agile methodologies.
- Experience working as part of a Scrum team.
- Expertise with requirements management tools: Confluence, JIRA.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Ability to write and interpret complex SQL Queries
HOURLY RATE: $60/HR. Range. Benefits available
For consideration, please contact Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org
BusinessView all jobs at System One