Electrical Field Engineer
System One Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Electrical Field Engineer is responsible for activities relating to construction engineering within the electrical discipline. Duties include interpreting electrical design drawings and specifications, cable installations and terminations, field verification of materials, and technical direction to field electrical personnel as required. This position is not considered the design authority for the project, but only to enforce electrical construction per design.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
· Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the electrical discipline such as installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment and grounding, and DCS systems.
· Establish an electrical design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Engineer of Record, including the agreement on electrical engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
· Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting and forecasting for electrical discipline.
· Specify the electrical criteria for the construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
· Coordinate with the Procurement Organization for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment including panels, motors and switchgear.
· Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct electrical materials.
· Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for electrical data exchange to support the construction automation plan and the project controls program requirements at the job site.
· Support the electrical construction quality program.
· Direct preparation of cost estimates for electrical construction activities and coordinate the preparation of cost reports, forecasts and progress reports.
· Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
· Plan and recommend electrical procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
· Work with customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate electrical construction activities.
· Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure electrical materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
· Implement controls over variables affecting electrical installation progress such as raceway, cable terminations and equipment.
· Ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
· Monitors installation of materials and equipment to assure conformance with drawings, specifications, vendor and other technical documents.
· Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience. In lieu of degree, must have 12 years of relevant experience.
· Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which may require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, using fall protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE), walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, and maneuvering around very small and/or confined spaces.
· Must possess legal right to work in the US.
· Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
· Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
· Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
· Experience in construction and technical inspection of electrical design in areas such as: installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment, grounding, DCS systems and cable pulling activities.
· Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H).
· Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
· Working knowledge with ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
· Intermediate to advanced experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects.
Per Diem OFFERED- $1000+/week
Strategic input, tactical success
We've got a strong track record of building programs to handle large-scale, complex, and time-sensitive staffing challenges. We don't just fill a job and then move on; we're in it for the long haul with strategies that boost productivity, mitigate risk, and contain costs.
Our work falls into two primary categories, workforce solutions (which include direct and contract staffing, managed staffing programs, and recruitment process outsourcing) and integrated services. From one critical hire to hundreds of contract employees, we can handle any hiring challenge.
System One helps employers get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. Over our 35+ year history, we've helped connect thousands of talented people with innovative companies. The excitement of a perfect fit motivates us every single day. Strategic input, tactical success We've got a strong track record of building programs to handle large-scale, complex, and time-sensitive staffing challenges. We don't just fill a job and then move on; we're in it for the long haul with strategies that boost productivity, mitigate risk, and contain costs. Our work falls into two primary categories, workforce solutions (which include direct and contract staffing, managed staffing programs, and recruitment process outsourcing) and integrated services. From one critical hire to hundreds of contract employees, we can handle any hiring challenge.
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
ManufacturingView all jobs at System One