Director of Corporate Social Responsibility (Onsite)
- Posted: over a month ago
System One is actively seeking a Director of Corporate Social Responsibility for a permanent position located in Florida.
This will be a permanent position with full benefits and relocation package to Florida.
This position will lead Corporate Responsibility (CR), Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy and programs. The Corporate Responsibility Director will include overseeing the creation and implementation of company social responsibility objectives based on the company’s 5-year growth strategy. These objectives are clear enablers of the decarbonization and advancement of human prosperity elements of our mission statement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, analyze, coordinate, and implement environmental sustainability projects that focus on quantifying and improving our contributions to decreasing our environmental impact
- Lead a cross-functional project team to produce the annual corporate sustainability report
- Provide leadership to define, get buy-in and execute strategies for sustainability.
- Identify, gather, maintain, and analyze sustainability metrics including employee diversity, supplier diversity, carbon footprint, and governance
- Benchmark performance against peer and aspirant companies and make recommendations to improve the company’s performance across a variety of ESG and DEI ratings and rankings
- Serve as SME on third party reporting guidance and ESG research providers, as well as global frameworks standards such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs)
- Serve as the strategic and operational leader for our DEI initiatives
- Promote ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) to align with overall strategy.
- Communicate our corporate social responsibility strategies with key account customers
- Partner with marketing communications team to leverage public relations and marketing to deliver the message of the company’s social responsibility commitment
- Partner with communications team to reinforce the company’s social responsibility position
- Be a consult for company branding strategies, talent acquisition, and retainment strategies
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote and influence. Internal business resource for CSR, DEI, and ESG trends.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all employees.
- 20% Travel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
The leader must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Management, Communications, Public Administration, Government, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Master’s degree is desirable, but not required.
- Experience: 8+ years of corporate social responsibility and / or related fields, including two years of experience in DEI programs or equivalent education.
- Must be conversant in corporate responsibility, social issues, DEI, and best practices, including in areas of philanthropy, environmental sustainability, community affairs and volunteerism.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and an inclusive workplace.
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting standards including greenhouse gas protocol, CDP, science-based targets, GRI, and the International Sustainability Standards Board
- Deep understanding of the evolving ESG ecosystem
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write detailed reports, procedure manuals and business correspondence, present information, and respond to questions from stakeholders.
- Analytical skills: Ability to analyze, interpret, and translate data sets into insights
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Certifications Desired: GRI Professional Certification, SASBs Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA), Sustainability Professional Credential(s) from the ISSP
- Other Skill/Abilities: Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management.
Location: Onsite in Florida
BusinessView all jobs at System One