Desktop Support Technician
- Expired: November 04, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
ALTA IT has a Contract position open for a Desktop Support Technician located in Washington, DC. *Onsite*
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associate's Degree
- 3+ years of technical support experience in current desktop and laptop computers, various operating systems to include or more of the following
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Ticketing system (Remedy or ServiceNow), MS Office, O365, OneDrive and other end user software and hardware
- Public Trust Level 4 (full background investigation)
- ITIL foundations certification desired
- Security+ certification required or the ability to obtain within 3 months of start
- Configures, installs, and supports desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Relocates IT equipment including desktop computers, printers, monitors, mobile devices, and other general peripherals.
- Configures IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Connects and configures IT devices to use computer networks.
- Diagnoses hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Provides software support for users of AmeriCorps-provided applications (as identified by the task), including basic to advanced software operations and general use of computers and peripherals.
- Supports AmeriCorps proprietary software.
- Supports desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management.
- Provides virtual assistance sessions using Ivanti Management Console and MS SCCM.
- Develops end-user documentation and instructions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed.
- Provides technical support to the customer for meeting management by responding to meeting requests and providing audio/visual support during meetings and conferences including audio recording, broadcasting, robotic camera operation, bridge lines, projectors, etc.
- Tracks and updates the movement of all IT assets (laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, etc.) within the stipulated database and within time constraints.
- Re-images desktops and laptops, as needed, and deploys new equipment to end users.
- Re-configure mobile devices, as needed, and troubleshoot issues.
- Retrieves equipment from departures to be re-imaged, reassigned, and updated in inventory.
- Performs equipment excess and disposal activities.
- Performs advanced diagnostics, analysis, repairs, or replacement hardware for PC's, laptops, mobile devices, and printers.
- Follows set policies and procedures when assisting users to ensure proper handling of requests.
- Contributes knowledge and updated information to maintain the Help Desk SOPs and Training manuals for Tier I support.
- Works with Tier I/III and other groups to resolve technical problems.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance providing excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other analysts when needed.
- Supports continuous improvement in the process and quality of the operations.
- Works incidents and service requests in accordane with program Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Participates in troubleshooting of issues with the drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Participates and contributes to the User Acceptance testing.
- Performs other program activities, as required.
TechnologyView all jobs at System One
Get fresh Desktop Support Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.