Corporate Events Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ALTA IT Services is staffing a long-term contract opportunity for a Corporate Events Coordinator to support a leading health insurance customer.
Corporate Events Coordinator
Washington, DC (Currently 100% COVID Remote)
12+ Month Contract
Under the direction of the Manager, Strategic Communications, this associate will be charged with executing logistics milestones in support of Conferences, special events, and other duties as needed. The incumbent will also be responsible for crafting and editing conference content in the form of PowerPoint presentations, whitepapers and multi-media surveys. The individual will produce effective content in collaboration with product teams to assure accurate audience appropriate product information is delivered.
This position is responsible for executing meeting and conference logistics in support of Conferences. This position works with supervision to maintain project progress and support conference presentation content development.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Conference Planning and Support
• Liaise with vendors, presenters and keynote speakers to assure content is delivered in a timely manner.
• Prepare post-show internal reports, which will include quantitative results as well as qualitative feedback.
• Assist with ensuring event compliance with insurance, legal, health, safety and building obligations.
• Manage task lists, milestone schedules, and accurate guest lists for multiple events at once.
• Willingness to get your hands dirty. All team members participate in every facet of our events: set-up, execution, and evaluation. No task is too large or too small for the right candidate.
Content Development and Delivery
• Interview subject matter experts and critical stakeholders to develop appropriate content.
• Familiarity with leveraging digital content management systems
• Effectively write and edit clear, concise content for digital formats.
• Attend internal meetings, representing communications perspective.
• Carefully select images or create graphics to accompany presentations.
• Adhere to company content standards and style guide and meet clients contract compliance.
• Maintain consistent quality, style, tone, and voice throughout digital channels.
• Review and edit contributions of subject matter experts and other content contributors.
• Ensure communications comply with company style guide and content standards.
• Track effectiveness of presentations.
• A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging content.
• Strong command of proper grammar and professional prose and adherence to the AP Stylebook.
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
• Ability to work with and without supervision to manage multiple tasks with time sensitive deadlines.
• Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
• A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable communicating with associates and customers at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, hospitality or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3+ years of health insurance, health industry or technology experience, and a good understanding of healthcare trends. Prior experience in marketing/communications and/or events/tradeshows and/or catering and hospitality field
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at System One