Automation & Controls Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Automation & Controls Engineer
Location: Princeton, NJ
Start Date: ASAP
- Responsible for completing assigned work scopes of a project including documentation, simulation, testing, and commissioning / qualification support.
- Daily responsibilities include implementing performing equipment data backups/archiving, creating/training end user and assigning access levels and controls for GMP utilities and process equipment.
- Performs monthly PMs and troubleshooting automation related issues.
- PC hardware and software maintenance for Laboratory and production equipment.
- Basic panel design and specification of components (I/O cards, Modbus, instrumentation).
- Technical writing of automation lifecycle documents (Functional Specification, Design Specification, Testing Plans)
- Responsible for contributing to the success of Facilities, Process Equipment and Utility automated and control systems
- BS degree in technical field (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering), OR AS degree in a technical field coupled with relevant engineering experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Biotech, Pharmaceutical or Specialty Chemical Industries
- Comprehensive understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) guidelines outlined in Code of Federal Regulations.
- Technical knowledge to write, prepare and execute the Change Controls, Investigations, and SOPs.
- Familiar with several current technologies used in engineering applications (e.g., PLC, HMI/OIT, SCADA, ladder logic, Back Up and Restore, instrumentation specification).
- Experience in the design, implementation, testing/FAT/SAT, deployment/installation, and startup/commissioning for automation projects
- Understanding of process automation needs (e.g., batch reports, Building Temp and RH Trending, Audit Trail reports) for pharma manufacturing
ManufacturingView all jobs at System One
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?