- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Associate Scientist
Location: Devens, MA
Start date: ASAP
- The Assistant Scientist / Contractor will be responsible for global network support of the cryogenics and cold chain process for the development and commercial biologics drug substance. This position will report to the Cryogenics & Cold Chain Sciences team within the Manufacturing Sciences & Technologies (MS&T) - Global Capabilities & Technical Strategy (GC&TS) department.
- The position will work closely with the cryogenics, analytical, operations, and manufacturing teams to conduct lab studies that will support cryogenics & cold chain process, such as process characterization and improvement, bulk product shipping qualification, cryovial shipping qualification, freeze-thaw unit operations, etc.
- Conduct laboratory experiments to provide commercial support related to cold chain biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, such as bulk fill, handling, freezing, storage, and cold chain shipping operations for biologics drug substance.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, lab supply management, preparation of buffers and reagents, execution of development studies.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, documentation of experimental data and results in laboratory notebook, data verification and preparation of final reports to summarize the findings. Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed, when applicable.
- Work effectively across multiple cross-functional areas and work independently to accomplish project goals.
- B.S. Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biological or Chemical Sciences/Engineering, or related disciplines.
- ? 6 months of experience in a professional industry setting or multiple years of experience in an academic laboratory setting.
- Prior experience must include the following responsibilities: preparation and handling of test solutions, generation of experimental designs/test scripts or protocols, execution of experiments, operation of analytical instrumentation, data compilation and analysis, and report authoring.
- Knowledge of common protein analytical tools (pH, UV-vis spectrophotometry, HPLC) and demonstrated experimental skills for lab work are required.
- The candidate should possess good verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong attention to detail, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of protein freezing/thawing, formulation, and stability is desired.
ScienceView all jobs at System One