Project Management Assistant 2Washington, District Of Columbia
Our client is DC and MD's largest gas and electric utility. At their location in Washington, DC, we have a need for several Project Management Assistants. This will be supporting the upgrade of their substation and transmission systems. These are very long contract positions. They include 2 weeks of paid time off and 10 paid vacation days. Compensation is $25-35/hr, based on experience.
Project Management Assistant Requirements:
- Local/commutable to Washington, DC
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelors' Degree highly preferred
- 5+ years Project Administration, Project Management or Project Accounting experience
- Experience with the majority of the job responsibilities listed below
- Must have solid experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Works well in cross functional teams
Project Management Assistant Responsibilities:
- Interface with vendors, and internal departments to assist Project Managers in the evaluation and processing of invoices, timesheets and contract change orders.
- Track contract expenditures against authorized limits and notify Project Managers when spend is approaching authorized amount.
- Prepare Power Point presentations for Project Managers in accordance with designed Presentation Template for use in presenting Project Authorization request.
- Collaborate with engineers and Project Managers and technical team to issue work orders for various project scopes.
- Support the Project Team by tracking and follow up on miscellaneous tasks required to support engineering design or construction. Examples include work permits, utility locate verification, material delivery, receipt of design specifications, planned power outage verification.
- Procurement follow-up work including performing full audits of vendor invoices (services and material)
- Review contract procurement documents, including invoices and change orders / modifications, against contract terms and conditions. Reject or recommend approval to Project Manager.
- Follow up with Vendor on basis for Invoice/Change Order rejection.
- Enter change order and invoice information into required business accounting systems
- Verify and maintain contractor insurance certificates