Modernization Chief Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Modernization Chief Engineer
The Office of the Director for Developmental Test Evaluation and Assessments (DTE&A) has set a bold vision to revolutionize the DoD Test and Evaluation Enterprise. As a direct report to the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD (R&E), this office is in the beginning stages of transforming the testing paradigm to testing as a continuum, shifting left and integrating stove-piped approaches (STAT, MBSE, Modeling and Simulation, Digital Engineering, and Agile DevSecOps), infusing enabling technologies (e.g., AI/ML), driving operational resiliency through cyber testing and associated risk assessments, and transforming the culture and the workforce.
Your general job duties will be as follows:
· Leads modernization team and oversee 22 modernization initiatives that are conducted by FFRDCs.
· Supports the development and management of modernization, policy, guidance, and law to advance and improve the state of engineering and test and evaluation practice.
· Develops technical solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems.
· Builds a community of practice across the OUSD (R&E), the military services, industry and academia.
· Ensures organizational alignment between Systems Engineering and Architecture, the Office of the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E), and the Test Resource Management Center (TRMC).
· Leads major project technical tasks using formal engineering practices and quality control methods.
· Develops new approaches to analysis of complex engineering or test strategies; technology or risk assessments; and performance/capability assessments.
· Manages and coordinates the efforts of other staff members assigned to specific projects.
· M.S. or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline or related field
· 20+ years of experience
· Cultivates Innovation: Continuously improves, thinks ahead, and offers new ideas and solutions on the leading edge.
· Drives Vision and Purpose: Understands the big picture, sets the strategic direction, and drives the vision and purpose across the broad stakeholder community.
· Optimizes Work Processes: Develops innovative approaches to improve the organization’s processes and work practices.
· Results Driven: Set ambitious goals, takes bold actions, and achieves results.
· Current Secret clearance required, ability to obtain Top Secret
System Innovation is a small business that has an outstanding track record. We are thought leaders at the forefront of innovation in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) who are creating widespread impact. Whether we are expanding the boundaries of scientific knowledge or advancing the technological state of the art, we provide solutions to complex problems of national and global importance. Our unwavering sense of purpose and passion drives us to help our customers, teammates, and communities succeed.
System Innovation Key Differentiators:
**Highly Competitive Salary and Bonuses
For More Info:
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?