- Posted: over a month ago
Department: Hoover Dam Janitorial - Nevada
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $20.42 per hour
($16.19 base + $4.23 H/W)General Function
Responsible for keeping buildings in a clean and orderly condition. Promote sanitary conditions that help inhibit odors and the transference of germs.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Collect and dispose of grey water
- Graffiti removal
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Follow all safety/OSHA required guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work Schedule may vary; position requires flexibility with schedule and days off.
- Ability to lift-up to 30 lbs as necessary.
- Must be responsible for attendance, punctuality and consistent work performance during scheduled work times.
- Employee will be exposed to various types of cleaning machinery and must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Speak, read, comprehend and be fully conversant in the English language.
- Must be a responsible individual who is willing and able to follow direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Other Details: Professional office/work and laboratory atmosphere. Employee will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull.
- Drug Screen and Background Check: pass with ability to maintain throughout employment.
- Be trained and qualified in custodial type work using modern cleaning tools (buffers, etc.), techniques and be certified in first aid (FA).
- US Citizenship required unless otherwise pre-approved by Contracting Officer.
Participation in the seasonal Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination program as required by EO14042 is a requirement for all employees on this contract.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of janitorial/cleaning/related work experience
- Computer Skills: Basic
- SysCom, Inc. staff, executives, and management.
- Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation at the time the position begins. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
We are an EEO Employer
AddressBoulder City, NV
Real EstateView all jobs at SysCom Inc