SYRACUSE MODEL NEIGHBORHOODS, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY IS CURRENTLY HIRING FOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS
This is a Full Time benefit eligible position, 40 hours; 8am - 5pm Monday – Friday, must be available for shared on-call evenings and weekends. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Technician will perform a wide variety of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general building maintenance and repair functions related to the care and maintenance of Syracuse Model Neighborhoods Corp residential units.
Driver's license required
• Install light bulbs, doors, cabinets, paneling and other property related mechanics
• Paint interior and/or exterior walls and cabinets
• Replace washers, faucets and seals on malfunctioning plumbing equipment, repair/replace leaking faucets and clean clogged drains
• Maintenance of buildings in order for them to pass inspections and keep efficient function of
• Mechanics such as heating and ventilation, electrical, water heaters, etc…
• May assist in obtaining and/or unloading of delivery supplies.
• Assist with maintaining company standards for property security.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required.
• Follow all the policies and procedures of SMNC and adhere to SMNC values of Quality, Responsibility, Integrity and Compassion.
• Must be able to lift up to 60lbs.
• Knowledge of and the ability to operate tools and equipment related to building maintenance.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other employees as well as our residents.
• Ability to report to work on time and perform the duties of the job for an entire workday and work overtime if required
• Ability to receive oral and/or written instructions from supervisor(s)
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States of America.
• Up to three years of experience and/or a strong willingness to learn in one or more of the skilled trades.
• Valid driver’s license with no major restrictions and acceptable to SMNC insurance carrier required.
• Must be able to meet the requirements of a Drug Free Workplace which includes reasonable suspicion testing