Lab Technician: In-Process control within E-Melt & Foundry Department, Quality Assurance Testing in Mechanical Lab (2nd shift)
- Laboratory equipment standardization.
- Sample disc preparation utilizing Lab equipment such as belt/disc grinder.
- Evaluation of iron composition (Ductile & Malleable) by “burning” chemistry discs operating Spectrometer device.
- Chemistry analysis/adjustments using analytical techniques & equipment.
- Basic Chemistry Knowledge is Necessary
- Equipment standardization (Microscope, Leco instrument, MSQ analytical program).
- Sample ‘lug’ preparation utilizing Lab equipment such as belt grinder, disc polisher using adequate consumables & reagents.
- Checking/evaluating product micro-structure to verify that requirements for the product are met.
- The responsibility will also require reporting of data to Electric melt & Foundry Department on timely basis.
- Provide a support to team members; assist production in the identification of chemistry/structural problems and provide technical leadership necessary to resolve.
- Ability to accurately adhere to established Standard Operating Procedures, Lab Methods, and Work Instructions.
- In the event of products that’s found to be nonconforming, Lab Technician must be part of the team who will identified and segregated and/or quarantined, appropriately dis-positioned per the Control of Nonconforming Product Procedure
- Tracking, ordering and stocks laboratory supplies.
- Cleans-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Brinell and Rockwell Hardness Testing
- Tinius Olsen Machine operation and Testing
- Gauging of parts before shipping
- Knowledge on using Vernier caliper and Micrometers
High School Diploma or GED
Prior experience is preferred.