The Foundry Engineer will be responsible for planning and coordinating the Foundry operation by providing engineering and quality oversight.
· Apply knowledge of product design to develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes.
· Analyze product failure data, solicit operator input, and develop solutions.
· Improve productivity and part quality through process stability and repeatability.
· Work with Quality & Technical Department to develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environment.
· Analyze manufacturing process flow continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction and throughput.
· Trains personnel on new or specific jobs and provides necessary procedures and work instruction.
· Estimate staffing requirements, production times and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
· Coordinate with vendors in material purchase and evaluate products according to quality standards and specifications.
· Support proactively the ISO approach to quality management.
· Calibrate equipment and tooling used to ensure effective and efficient production methods.
· Adhere to all safety policies and practices, consistently use personal protective equipment and practice good housekeeping.
· Support company policies and procedures, goals and objective.
· Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Material Science or related Engineering fields.
· 3-5 Years Supervisory/Managerial experience a Must.
· Must be able to read and comprehend operating/maintenance instructions, specifications, and construction drawings, engineering drawings and wiring schematics.
· Must be able to prioritize projects and coordinate activities with many other departments and organizations, both within and outside the organization.
· Able to handle deadlines and conflicting demands for limited resources.
· Quality orientation and attention to detail.
· Problem analysis and problem resolution.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team orientation.
· Computer assisted design proficiency.
Syracuse Based Company